Moderator Control Panel ]

Diseqc

Diseqc

Postby nzsjb » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:45 am

I am the author of a popular EPG grabber (EPG Collector) and have been doing some testing with a TBS 8920 and an EMP-Centauri 8 port diseqc switch.
The switch supports diseqc 1.0, 1.1 or a combination of both. The selection is made by dip switches.

Firstly whenever I drive the switch from the TBS 8920 I have to send each diseqc message twice or the command does not take effect. Why should this be needed?

If I set the switch for diseqc 1.0 I can successfully switch between the first 4 ports using commited commands which is correct according to the EMP-Centauri user manual. Also if I change to diseqc 1.1 I can switch between all 8 ports using uncommitted commands, again correct according to the user manual.

However, if I change the dip switches to use a combination of diseqc 1.0 (committed) and diseqc 1.1 (uncommitted) commands to select a port I cannot switch successfully. I am familiar with the diseqc standard so I am certain I am using the correct comands.

I have no problems with any switching of the EMP-Centauri in any mode when using a Hauppauge tuner and the diseqc commands don't have to be repeated to work.

I am using TBS driver version 1.0.6.0 on Win XP for these tests.

Anybody with any ideas for resolving these two problems?
nzsjb

Return to Windows