Moderator Control Panel ]

TBSViewer doesn't find QBox II [RESOLVED] or position dish

Re: TBSViewer doesn't find QBox II or position dish

Postby jw300 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:05 pm

I can report that MediaPortal is a no-go for motor positioning. Besides failure to move the dish, it has an unusual UI that lacks a direct "Goto n", forcing the user to store position numbers in the order the satellites are added and making it difficult to use with existing applications/receivers.

I have been using driver V2.0.8 OK for 1.2 positioning but have now "upgraded" to 9. It still worked, but my first 3 attempts resulted in crashes, one a blue-screen, all needing a re-boot to recover. OS is Win7, 64bit.
jw300

Postby crazycat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:56 am

cody wrote:
i will check it - i tested before with older version of the BDA2-module and more or less it was working good with some minor problems - sometimes LNB power shuts down when it's not expected. i hope you know we have SDK here:

in BDA2 0.2.0.8 i use QueryInterface(IID_IKsPropertySet) on Input pin of Tuner filter (just like PCI,PCIe devices).
in 0.2.0.9 QI(IID_IKsPropertySet) direct on Tuner filter (just like in sample TBS SDK)

http://code.google.com/p/altbda2/source/diff?spec=svn19&r=19&format=side&path=/trunk/TstDev/BdaGraph.cpp

I make this changes long time ago in sources, and in my StreamReaderEx, BDADataEx. But this changes not tested

cody wrote:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/common/TBSDTV-SDK(1007).rar
that can give some clues and thank you for your work on the BDA2-module.

yes, i know. and TBS support send me extended "TBSDTV-SDK(new1719).rar", with some additions for I2C-bus access (for MAC addr reading in my BDADataEx, StreamReaderEx).
crazycat

Postby dubaisatshop » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:36 am

I have tested almost all DVB players and no one can move dish as AltDVB.
dubaisatshop

Re: TBSViewer doesn't find QBox II [RESOLVED] or position di

Postby jw300 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:06 pm

I have not yet obtained acceptable picture quality from AltDVB. What codecs do you use?

To add to the list of apps I've tried, the latest SichboPVR is worth special mention. It has a very different GUI for settings. Satellite selection and scanning are a pleasure to use, plus I've not had a single crash (it seems to use the Technotrend BDA driver). It's easily the best I've tried for motor control. [While as light as AltDVB and as quick to load, its main drawback in use is lack of channel display options.]

SmartDVB seems my best all-round option for the present, with AltDVB as a more reliable fall-back for recording.

I've uninstalled the DVBLink product as I suspected it was the cause of a constant 25% load on my CPUs, possibly through interrupts from the "devices" it created. Removing the QBox didn't stop the problem, but removing the software did.
jw300

Postby cody » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 am

jw300 Wrote: (it seems to use the Technotrend BDA driver). It's easily the best I've tried for motor control.

just to add that's not possible to use Technotrend BDA drivers with TBS hardware and so the explanation is something else - i guess just SichboPVR is good, stable and reliable software.
cody

Postby jw300 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:50 am

OK, the Technotrend dll was the only extra file in the package. The BDA driver must be part of the main program. The web-site does claim compatibility with an impressive list of hardware.
jw300

Postby jw300 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:54 am

Just a note to add that I purchased DVBViewer Pro after some investigation through their forum and it works well with the motor.

The demo version of TransEdit (their separate scanner) that they provide for testing hardware has no positioner capability, and the latest versions also needed a patch for motor operation without workarounds. It switches off power to the LNB/motor between scans (unless the positioner console is kept open), so a delay of at least 300ms needs to be inserted before sending the DiSEqC command to allow the motor electronics to settle. DVBViewer probably doesn't switch off LNB power (not by default, anyway), so it doesn't have this issue. This might be the reason why other applications have a problem.
jw300

Postby cody » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:08 pm

thanks, that's interesting. maybe, we need to add such delay in our drivers. we haven't experienced such issues on our tests though.
cody

Previous

Return to Windows