Moderator Control Panel ]

TBD 6982 unicable and dvblink software

TBD 6982 unicable and dvblink software

Postby shaggy » Sat May 24, 2014 7:45 pm

I have a TBS6982 card in my PC and i am trying to get it to work with DVBlink using Unicable commands.
I have on one connection a FireDTV card working fine with unicable in DVBlink but the TBS has issues. Sometimes it cannot see any channels on the transponders. Other times it can find limited channels on the transponders and once or twice it has found a full suite of channels and i tried watching them but the DVBlink software lost the signal after 10 minutes.

The TBS card works perfectly with the DVBDream software supplied with the card but this is no use to me integrating it with DVBLogic. Does DVDDream use and extension to the standard BDA file to allow it to operate correctly? Oberon from DVBlogic has tried to help resolve why his software cannot communicate correctly but to no avail. He says he has been incontact with TBS and been told the unicable codes but they dont seem to work correctly.

I also tried DVB viewer and whilst it would let me set up unicable with Fire DTV, showed the unicable setup button for my hauppauge s2 card but told me it would not work whilst it would not let me set up any unicable for the TBS card. This makes me wonder if there is a driver issue with unicable? I am running Windows 7 x64 with a Firedtv, hauppauge and TBS s2 cards installed with dvblogic TVsource.

Any pointers to help resolve this would be greatly appreciated. How would I get unicable recognised with DVBviewer? How can i get DVBlink TVsource implement the unicable correctly? How can Oberon implement it within his software?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Shaggy
shaggy

Re: TBD 6982 unicable and dvblink software

Postby shaggy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:57 pm

I take it there is not alot of action on this forum?

I am dissapointed that a brand new card cannot handle unicable, with dvblink on standard commands, whilst a 7 year old card (firedtv) that is out of production can. I'll have to look to ebay this card as its hardly used and find another card that can do unicable.
shaggy

Return to Windows