Moderator Control Panel ]

OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2 and more

Re: OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2 and more

Postby Dinos52 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Vpeter, I am sorry to say but we are going into a big misunderstanding! First of all, I do NOT want to blame you, the opposite, I appreciate your work. But your last mail need some clarification for the question if SW can reproduce 1920x1080i movies from NAS or LiveTV satisfactorily on the Matrix.

1. TBS-MatrixTV-V1.0.1.1-V21 (Gotham 13.2): YES (must be ok cause TBS is using the box for their SAT tuner modules)
2. OpenELEC-imx6.arm-devel-20141212185955-r19776-g15f1597 (Kodi): NO (this was my first build from this forum)
3. OpenELEC-imx6.arm-devel-20141220100538-r19822-gcb503e2-Gotham: YES (this was the first special build for me)
4. OpenELEC-imx6.arm-devel-20141220222111-r19822-gcb503e2-Gotham: YES (incl. fix with MP3 issue but missing Web- and UPnP-server)

Funny: If I watch a 1080i movie with 4. and choose the film options, I get a menu with "Deinterlace Video" = Off. This is the default, even on interlaced movies and it works fine! If I choose "Auto" the audio is chopping (unusable) and the video is stuttering. So there is no reason to distinguish between "i" and "p" material as long as this option is off.

If it's not possible to have 4. WITH Web- and UPnP server, I would like to close this discussion and switch back to matrixtv (1.), waiting for official Helix version for matrix. I have spent money for this nice little and powerful box and hope that it gets more popular in the OpenELEC scene. Thanks for your patience!

2014-12-22 12.18.33.jpg
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Dinos52 Wrote:we are going into a big misunderstanding
Probably true. It' because I have no knowledge about this issue we are having. I'm just passing info from irc to here and back. And try to understand a thing or two.

I'm no expert on this - I just pack everything up in my image. And soon all this will be in official openelec images. But there will be the same situation because what system can play and not depends on a XBMC/Kodi. Nothing there I can fix.

It would be nice if you could come to irc and explain issues you have to fritsch. According to his informations matrix, cubox-i, udoo are all useless for live TV if streams are in interlaced format. And this is true for Gotham and Helix.

About 4.): what exactly is the problem? No web server for controlling XBMC?
Last edited by vpeter on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:25 pm

vpeter Wrote:
Dinos52 Wrote:About 4.): what exactly is the problem? No web server for controlling XBMC?

Your last build (missing UPnP and Webserver):
1.jpg

Expected (except Airplay):
2.jpg
Dinos52

Postby franky384 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 pm

vpeter Wrote: According to his informations matrix, cubox-i, udoo are all useless for live TV. And this is true for Gotham and Helix.

What do you mean ? I can watch german live-TV in HD (1920x1080p) on my tbs-matrix with all your openelec builds without any problems. I have an DVBSKY S960 USB DVB-S2 tuner box plugged into the matrix and it works perfect with the vdr-plugin.
franky384

Postby vpeter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:52 am

I was not clear. The issue we are talking with livetv is using interlaced video. Progressive is fine.

Anyway, in case anyone care here is another Gotham image with web server, upnp and some other stuff enabled (when I was merging Gotham stuff to current build system I missed few variables). Having blinking led fix also ready for next version.

http://mirror1.openelec.tv/tbs.matrix/O ... Gotham.tar
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:22 am

vpeter Wrote:Anyway, in case anyone care ....

Yes, I do. I made an successful update by copying the 4 files from target folder into /storage/.update. A very short test with music, movies and UPnP passed also successfully. And once again vpeter: I have no complains with your Gotham version(s) regarding performance on HD movie playback. Even if user Fritsch is telling the opposite. I have tested the playback from harddisk (NAS with NFS) and LiveTV via network with my Unix based SAT receiver VU+ Duo2. The reproduction of both resolutions, 1280x720p and 1920x1080i is satisfying. That's why I am wondering, that the software modules can't migrate into Helix!!! Why?
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:27 am

Next time just copy tar file to update folder - no need to unpack 4 files.

I don't want to continue this discussions about Gotham/Helix interlacing issues because I don't understand them. As I wrote you can come to irc and we can all discuss there.

If you like I can make Gotham based images next time I made new version. It's not that hard for me because it only takes one line to change and rebuild.
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Vpeter, thanks to your excellent description (somewhere here in the forum) how to boot from SD I was able to boot your last build from SD. You will agree that having the same OS in both, internal and external flash, makes not much sense. So I decided to re-flash the internal flash with TBS-MatrixTV-V1.0.1.1-V21 and use for the present SD cards with Gotham and Kodi. It would be a pleasure for me to test your coming builds (from user view) in future! But before I do so one question: does the mentioned TBS-Matrix build have this multi-boot feature too? If not, how to modify the TBS package? Another question: what about a short boot menu with timeout and default OS?
Dinos52

Bad news good news!

Postby Dinos52 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:40 am

@Vpeter:
Bad news: Our whole discussion about the movie reproduction performance of your Kodi build was absolutely superfluous! I apologize so much!
Good news: The performance of movie reproduction with your Kodi build is the same as with Gotham build and therefore satisfying!

Reason: The right answer for my first complain about Kodi should have been: "Switch "Deinterlace Video" to "off" and your problem disappears.
screenshot000.png

This option was set to "on" for any reason on my first attempt and I didn't noticed it. I have now here 2 bootable SD cards, one with Gotham and one with Kodi (updated from Gotham) and can't see any difference in performance. So I do not use Gotham in future.

Again, thank you very much for your time and patience discussing this "big problem" and have some HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:46 am

After matrixtv is installed to internal emmc you can use MfgTool2-TBS-Matrix-Multiboot.zipand install only multiboot capable u-boot in emmc. Then you can boot from sd card.

Warning - untested. Doesn't have time right now to test.

Happy holidays to all.
vpeter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements