sourceforge.net/projects/matrixtv/
later :)

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Re: Good News Matrix add IR support

Postby Cjcr » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Thank you Steven, I think a I have an IR receiver somewhere ;)
I will check it later.
Cjcr

Postby alanb2121 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Awesome, My Matrix just arrived and I see it includes the IR receiver. I installed that latest Linux build (1.0.0.3b). Are the drivers all set up for this to work. Any suggestions on how to configure it with a Logitech Harmony 650? I've tried running the following command but after pressing my remotes buttons I get timed out after 10 seconds. Am I doing something wrong or is it not yet configured correctly in the latest build?

irrecord -n -d /dev/lirc0 myremote.conf
alanb2121

Postby steven » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi alanb2121

Please use this command
irrecord -n -d /dev/lirc1 myremote.conf

lirc0 is not the really one.you can ls /dev/* to have a check. :)

and try again.

Thanks

Kind Regars

steven
steven

Postby alanb2121 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:45 am

Thanks for that. I used the irrecord -n -d /dev/lirc1 myremote.conf command and was able to configure the commands for one of your TBS remotes.

I then tried irw to test the remote and got no result. I then tried lircd -d /dev/lirc1 /etc/lirc/myremote.conf and got a warning say it was already in use. I deleted the process and ran the command again successfully. I was then able to successfully run IRW

Based on this testing it appears that either the lircd command that is executed on boot is calling licr0 instead of lirc1 or it points to a different location to /etc/lirc/myremote.conf

I'm not familiar with Linux to know where to look to check this or if this is the actual problem?

My plan is to get this all working with the TBS remote and mapped to XBMC and then to share the config files with the community. You could take these and include them in your build, perhaps offer the remotes for sale as an option when buying the Matrix.

Cheers
alanb2121

Postby alanb2121 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:14 pm

OK, I think I have found a work around. Open up /usr/bin/lircd_pre.sh and change the final line so it reads like this - sed -i "s/^DEVICE=.*/DEVICE=\"\/dev\/lirc1\"/g" /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

I'm not an expert on scripting so i just substituted the variable $DEVEVENT to lirc1

For some reason the variable was returning lirc0 which is wrong. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next update :)

I've successfully programmed XBMC to work with the TBS 5922 remote. I'll post the lircd.conf soon in the general forum

Cheers
alanb2121

Postby steven » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi alanb2121

Already seen your post which is great. :)

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Return to General discussion