Moderator Control Panel ]

Required to reinstall TBS Linux drivers after system update?

Required to reinstall TBS Linux drivers after system update?

Postby BlueSky » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:42 am

I'm running Debian 3.2.63-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux (Wheezy) and it is saying that the following packages are available for updates:

linux-headers-3.2.0-4-amd64 - amd64 Header files for Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64
linux-headers-3.2.0-4-common - amd64 Common header files for Linux 3.2.0-4
linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64 - amd64 Linux 3.2 for 64-bit PCs
linux-libc-dev - amd64 Linux support headers for userspace development

All would be updated to version 3.2.63-2+deb7u1 if I allow the updates. My question is, if I do this, will I need to reinstall the TBS Linux drivers? And if the answer is "yes", is there anything special I need to do because it is a reinstall, or do I just do it as if it were a normal first-time installation of the TBS drivers?

In case it matters, I originally installed the drivers by following the instructions at http://linux.mjnet.eu/post/401/tbs-driv ... 0-tbs6921/ but omitting the ones specific to Ubuntu 13.04, since I'm not running Ubuntu. The drivers have worked great so far, so my question is really whether I can just run through those same steps again.
BlueSky

Re: Required to reinstall TBS Linux drivers after system upd

Postby diabloss » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:46 pm

are you runing debian on matrix board?
diabloss

Postby BlueSky » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:49 pm

diabloss Wrote:are you runing debian on matrix board?

No.
BlueSky

Postby vpeter » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:26 pm

After kernel change you must reinstall tbs driver. Because it is kernel based.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby BlueSky » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:30 pm

vpeter Wrote:After kernel change you must reinstall tbs driver. Because it is kernel based.

So do I do that in exactly the same way I did it the first time, or are there any preliminary steps I need to take first, or anything else I need to do differently?
BlueSky

Postby vpeter » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:38 am

Exactly same as first time.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby BlueSky » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:29 am

vpeter Wrote:Exactly same as first time.

Thank you, that is what I needed to know.
BlueSky

Postby BlueSky » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:43 am

diabloss Wrote:are you runing debian on matrix board?

I JUST NOW realized why you asked that - I thought it a strange question at the time, but didn't realize that this section is for the Matrix ARM mini PC (TBS2910), which is something I definitely do not have. The problem is the way the forum is laid out, there really is no forum set aside for general discussions or installation questions that aren't applicable to a particular piece of hardware. I just saw "Install and Setup" and thought this was the place for general questions related to installation, that do not pertain to any particular piece of hardware (I totally missed the "Matrix ARM mini PC (TBS2910)" heading).

If this forum is ever redesigned, there needs to be a place for general discussion and questions about TBS products (not necessarily associated with a particular piece of hardware), and also a place for general discussion and questions about TBS DVB Tuner & Card Reader products, that are not specific to any one model. For instance my questions about driver reinstallation would apply to nearly all models of TBS cards.

And there needs to be a forum specifically for comments like this one, where people can suggest changes that would improve the forum and make it more useful for TBS product owners and those considering the purchase of a TBS product!
BlueSky

Return to Install and setup