Moderator Control Panel ]

Unable to flash ubuntu 12.04

Unable to flash ubuntu 12.04

Postby Raviamirtham » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:33 pm

I have downloaded Matrix_Ubuntu12.04_V2.zip. After Unzipping, tried to upgrade my Matrix TV box.

MfgTool2 had detected the device properly and when I clicked on "Start", it started to download the kernel and other files but after 10 minutes it stopped with the following error message:

Failed operation:1
Failure rate:100%
"Push" error, file="C:\Users\rtpserver\Desktop\Matrix\Matrix_Ubuntu12.04_V2\Profiles\MX6Q Linux Update\OS Firmware\files\rootfs.tar.gz"

What could be the problem.?
Raviamirtham

Re: Unable to flash ubuntu 12.04

Postby french » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi,
Yes I had the same problem with this version, I think it's buggy
Non problem for me with TBS-Matrix-Ubuntu_12.04_V1.0.0.1-V21.zip
french

Postby vpeter » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:12 pm

The file rootfs.tar.gz is broken and extraction is unsuccessful. That's why Mfg tool fails too. And TBS doesn't care :lol:

Code: Select All Code
host:~/tmp$ tar tzf "Profiles/MX6Q Linux Update/OS Firmware/files/rootfs.tar.gz"

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby markus » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Why would they care, they have already fooled us all to buy their hardware ;)

The moi pro ubuntu archive is fucked as well but miraculously it still works on the actual device (so i guess the corrupted files are not that important)
markus

Postby vpeter » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 pm

markus Wrote:Why would they care, they have already fooled us all to buy their hardware ;)
But we can still run something else on it.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:16 pm

vpeter wrote:
But we can still run something else on it.

Are you joking? Yes, TBS fooled us to buy with false advertising! Now I have a nice designer box for a showcase, because nothing, neither Ubuntu, nor Kodi, XBMC, OpenELEC is running satisfactorily! I'm back with my Raspberry Pi2. Shame on TBS and their software devs! If they are not able to develop sophisticated software, how about a Pi emulator???

Happy Easter!
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:59 pm

I compared Matrix_Ubuntu12.04_V2.zip and TBS-Matrix-Ubuntu_12.04_V1.0.0.1-V21.zip and there is not much difference in rootfs.

And about this box: you start with wrong assumption about box capability. From what I see all this boxes are meant for development use because sw is not stable/mature enough. If you want stable sw then buy dedicated device.
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Development box? :evil: That's the advertising for the box (please note the last sentence):

Matrix is a single board mini computer based on ARM with a wide range of interface, equipped with a powerful i.MX6 Freescale processor, it can run Android, Linux and other operating systems, a switch between different operating systems can be done within just a few minutes! Matrix also has great support for TBS USB tuners and popular software such as XBMC, VDR, Tvheadend, DVBLast and so on.
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Don't believe everything written :lol: Not for TBS and not for other.

You want stable SAT receiver? Don't buy some multifunction box - buy dedicated SAT receiver because it just works (TM). Same for everything else.
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Don't underestimate me. My sat receiver is a VU+ Duo2 with enigma2 and it works fine, including jitter free video representation. And there is a very big software community who care for a mature software. What about TBS? Is this "great support" really an overcharged one man show?
Dinos52

Return to Install and setup