Moderator Control Panel ]

Kernel source

Kernel source

Postby jeroen » Tue May 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi,

I would like to have the complete kernel source and configuration file the kernel of MOI+
Or at least a description of how the kernel was built for both the DVB-T/S and DVB-T/C Kernels

There are issues with some recent USB-SATA conversion chips that make some external USB 2.0 harddisks not getting mounted. This older 2.6 kernel doesn't seem to have all USB patches and so I will have to backport some.
Also I would like to play with TCP and multicast tuning parameters.

The cross compilation toolchain is useful and works well, now just the kernel config is missing. Thank you.
jeroen

Re: Kernel source

Postby miz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi there.
Am also interested in this,so let me know your findings jeroen.
My findings for the marwell soc is that there is some linuxes that should run on this system,and from them the source would likely be provided. Also had a look at tbs-downloads and found a compiler that might give you what you need.

What I dont understand is why there is no "image/firmware" from tbs with a more updated
kernel. 2.6 is about 10-11 years old by now,but a lot has happened since that time. A stripped down kernel 3.0 - > would most likely do the moi+ and its users a lot of good.
miz

Return to MOI+