Moderator Control Panel ]

Reception of 4K transmission

Reception of 4K transmission

Postby wirek » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:17 am

My new MOI Pro is working fine in configuration with 2 Quad DVB-S cards, plus dual DVB-S tuner and dual DVB-C tuner connected via USB ports. All typical digital transmissions are thus received OK.

But I have one puzzling issue with a less typical satellite transmission which is coming from the Hot Bird satellite in Europe. This is 4K UHDTV test, I get from the stream only audio PID, video PID is not even shown as present. I wonder what might be the reason for this and one possibility is that MOI system does not include video PIDs which are carrying the H.265 compressed as it recognizes MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264. Could this be true? What might be other possible reason that H.265 video packets are not shown?
wirek

Re: Reception of 4K transmission

Postby steven » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:58 am

Hi Wirek

Can you tell us that which DVB soft you used to receive the 4K channel?you can have a try more soft
like dvblast ,mumudvb,tvheadend ....

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby wirek » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:53 am

Hi steven,

Thank you for your reply. I am using tvheadend since I am getting video from MOI Pro to PC. In PC I am using VLC Player.

Now I found something which might be related to the problem of receiving 4K transmissions: In the tvheadend site it is written that HEVC support was added 5 months ago. In the tvheadend forum somebody informed then that 4K transmission from Hot Bird works fine.

So now the question is: Which version of tvheadend is used in the MOI Pro?

Since it is likely that H.265 revision is not committed in MOI Pro how this could be done?

Can TBSDTV provide update for this?
wirek

Postby nrm » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:59 am

Hi wirek,

Try dvblast instead and use unicast adresss instead of a UDP multicast address.

For example:
MOI Pro: 192.168.1.200
Your PC: 192.168.1.100

udp://@192.168.1.100:1234 would be your unicast stream

Streaming using UDP will remove all RTP overhead and you are supposed to get a clean stream. dvblast usually streams everything unless you use PID remapping. It should work just fine.
nrm

Postby wirek » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:40 am

Hi nrm,

Thank you for your advice. I checked with multicast addresses in DVblast and 4K video PID was not coming. I will check with unicast later but I doubt if that will make a difference?
wirek

Return to MOI Pro