Moderator Control Panel ]

Lost packets when both tuners are in use

Re: Lost packets when both tuners are in use

Postby JessMG » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:43 pm

Not much progress with this problem. I discovered that when the tuner starts to get lost packets randomly (no changing transponders) it is possible to stop this behaviour starting EBSpro, tuning to a transponder and then closing the program after a few seconds.
Losing packets when the other tuner is locking a transponder hasn't changed at all.

Now I am also experiencing another problem after upgrading to Windows 10:
Sometimes Transedit would get stuck in a loop, tuning the same transponder over and over again, no matter which frequency I select. The only way I can get it out of this loop is going to device manager, disabling the card and then activating it again, after this my 6983 starts responding. I am using the .ini generated by EBSpro, so I don't know if this problem is related to that program.

When I see people with no problems using cheaper cards I regret spending 200+ € in this TBS headache.
It can detect a lot of signals? Yes, Is it fast? Yes, but fails in the basics (at least for me).

Good luck! ;)
JessMG

Postby JessMG » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:25 am

Adding to my previous message:
The solution I posted only solves the one-tuner-only packet loss issue under low and medium bandwidth TP tests (under 30 Mbps).
Packet loss still occurs when one or both tuners are locked on a high bandwidth signal. Now testing a 50Mbps / 22500 SR feed, when both tuners are locked in this signal, both lose a lot o packets every few seconds. When just only one tuner is used, almost no packets are lost, but it still loses packets every few minutes:

This seems to be a bandwidth issue, maybe in the 6983 or in the PCI-Northbridge-CPU, or an internal signal interference issue. I have to say that I had no issues with other PCI hardware, I've also performed CPU stress test, maxing my AMD FX8150 to 99% usage with no packet loss on a single tuner test.

If you are experiencing similar problems, please reply to this thread. Without TBS's help we are on our own.
JessMG

Postby steven » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:34 pm

JessMG Wrote:Adding to my previous message:
The solution I posted only solves the one-tuner-only packet loss issue under low and medium bandwidth TP tests (under 30 Mbps).
Packet loss still occurs when one or both tuners are locked on a high bandwidth signal. Now testing a 50Mbps / 22500 SR feed, when both tuners are locked in this signal, both lose a lot o packets every few seconds. When just only one tuner is used, almost no packets are lost, but it still loses packets every few minutes:

This seems to be a bandwidth issue, maybe in the 6983 or in the PCI-Northbridge-CPU, or an internal signal interference issue. I have to say that I had no issues with other PCI hardware, I've also performed CPU stress test, maxing my AMD FX8150 to 99% usage with no packet loss on a single tuner test.

If you are experiencing similar problems, please reply to this thread. Without TBS's help we are on our own.

Hi JessMG

Can you take a picture of your TBS6983 both side ,and send the picture to us ,we want to have a check the hardware.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Previous

Return to Professional PCIe DVB-S2 Dual Tuner Card TBS6983