Moderator Control Panel ]

DiSEqC / Multiswitch for long run for IPTV server

DiSEqC / Multiswitch for long run for IPTV server

Postby iceryan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:10 am

I am looking to setup a 125 room/client IPTV server, that is serving Freeview UK/S2 channels.

It looks like the TBS6905 would suit this well - perhaps 2 cards (8 inputs)...

Problem is, the distance from DISH/LNB to srever cabinet is long...

How would I combine the S2 and also a T2/TV signal on as few cables as possible that still allow me to make use of quad inputs, etc....

Is a DiSEqC used on both ends, or multiswitch - I am a bit lost on this.
iceryan

Re: DiSEqC / Multiswitch for long run for IPTV server

Postby DVB » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:12 am

Satellite DVB-S/S2 signal can be combined with DVB-T/T2 on multiswitch. DiSEqC is other thing, needed only if You switch between two (or more) satellite positions. If You are going to use only one satellite position (eg 28,2°E) You won't need DiSEqC at all. If You are going to stream channels from more than one satellite - You must buy multiswitch with correct count of inputs.
5/x - one satellite
9/x - two satellites
13/x - three satellites
17/x - four satellites
DiSEqC is already built in multiswitch, so You only will need to correctly configure DiSEqC inputs in software that will be running on server (eg Tvheadend). No additional hardware needed.

When You will combine DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T/T2 at one coax cable, You will have to split them at the end point. For this purpose You can use TV/FM outlet or signal splitter (best would be with filter on out to keep one out only DVB-T/T2 and second only 950-2150 MHz satellite). To 6905 You will connect satellite signal splitted from combined coax.
And now you're watching 8K:
KKKKKKKK
:)
DVB

Return to DVB-S2 Quad Tuner PCIe Card TBS6905