Moderator Control Panel ]

Help - please Moi Pro AMD & TBS 6909 Octo Tuner

Help - please Moi Pro AMD & TBS 6909 Octo Tuner

Postby dr0g0 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi

Have owned my Moi Pro AMD for just over three weeks, as of yet I've not able to do much with it .. Let me explain :-

My setup is Moi Pro AMD with TBS 6909 Octo Tuner

Using the inbuilt software which ships with the Moi Pro AMD I can get the Moi Pro AMD to see the fitted TBS 6909 Octo Tuner, at first it didn't but then I updated default software to 1.0.0.2 however tvheadend would only show 7 tuners not eight ... and dvblast wouldn't lock onto any TP's, and whilst the unit scanned around 631 channels, no UK HD channels were detected.

So then the supplier where I purchased the software over here suggested that I format the server and install Ubuntu 14.04 on, this I have done .. I then installed the trial version of Cesbo Astra and no tuner is detected ... I have used the latest drivers TBS 6909 drivers TBS6909 Linux Driver v160219 compiled and still the TBS 6909 is not detected under Unbuntu / Cesbo Astra

So my questions are :-

1. Why isn't Cesbo Astra detecting the TBS 6909 Octo Tuner ??? (As UK supplier has said it works as they have same setup both Moi pro AMD and TBS 6909 Octo Tuner Card) ?????

2. Why is it that using the factory software, only 7 of 8 tuners being detected ??? (TVHeadend) etc ...

starting to think I have £1000 of kit not really fit for purpose

i'm very capable IT guy .. so cant understand why the pro amd cant see the tbs 6909 under linux ???

anybody offer any advice ???

regards
dr0g0
dr0g0

Re: Help - please Moi Pro AMD & TBS 6909 Octo Tuner

Postby steven » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:37 am

Hi dr0g0

Maybe you can set a remote connection SSH or teamview in your PC which can connect to your MOIPro-AMD .
Both are ok ,

we will have a remote check where the problem is .
You can send your remote information to our support#tbsdtv.com

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Re: Help - please Moi Pro AMD & TBS 6909 Octo Tuner

Postby Souldream » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:30 am

Putting ubuntu as server is a non sense ...

Install linux distro built for Server purpose ( debian / centos ... )

How they put centos 7 ... with basic kernel header on DVB api 5.10 ... as all drivers are based on 5.03 .... here is what happened when you close all drivers as "proprietary" on each change / level of DVB api we will be stuck ...

Better to choose card that open source driver exist ... at least you can try to find / fix yourself for any future kernel use.
Souldream

Return to MOI Pro - AMD