Moderator Control Panel ]

Cannot lock French multistream transponders on Eutelsat 5.0W

Cannot lock French multistream transponders on Eutelsat 5.0W

Postby jmwislez » Fri May 21, 2021 6:05 am

I have a TBS6903, that I use for the multistream transponders on Eutelsat 5.0W, with TvHeadend on Ubuntu using the latest open source drivers.

After working fine for several years, some 2 weeks ago the French multistream muxes on 11508H and 12648V suddenly failed. The normal transponders and the Italian transponders still work fine. I therefore concluded something changed on the transponders, but I see no changes on lyngsat or kingofsat, and I find no messages from others that it fails for them too.

Hence, I presume my problem is local. I already tried the following to try debugging:
- tried both tuners on the board
- tried recompiling the latest drivers
- tried booting a previous kernel, with slightly older drivers
- tried the astra software instead of tvheadend

In astra, I can see that I have good signal on the transponder (72%), carrier is green, but FEC/SYNC/LOCK remain red and Q remains at 0%. This is the same behaviour as with a wrong PLS code.

I've run out of options to debug/diagnose. Any ideas, or any feedback from somebody who also uses these transponders?

Thanks a lot!

Jean-Marc
jmwislez

Re: Cannot lock French multistream transponders on Eutelsat

Postby jmwislez » Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 pm

Solved! It is spring and trees are growing fast ... My signal was attenuated, just enough to prevent decoding on these specific transponders only ...
jmwislez

Return to Professional DVB-S2 Dual Tuner PCIe Card TBS6903