Moderator Control Panel ]

NO Signal in any application

NO Signal in any application

Postby TBSBWL » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:53 am

I have just received my new TBS 6980 and installed it into a Windows 7 x64 setup. I live in the UK and I'm trying to set it up to scan Astra 2D (28.2 East)

I have downloaded and installed the latest driver set from your website, 1.0.0.13 which installed fine. I can see it in Device Manager, no exclamation marks or anything to indicate a problem there.

I first just tried setting it up in Win 7 Media Center, which reported no signal could be found.
I then tried using DVB Logic's DVB Link and again, no signal could be found.
I have installed both BlazeDTV and DVBDream from the CD and neither can find a signal when scanning Astra 2D.

I have a quad LNB setup and two of the connections go to a Humax PVR Freesat box which is receiving a signal just fine, so I know the cabling is working fine also.
I previously had a single tuner card installed (Prof Revolution S2 7301) which also received signal fine.

I have just rebuit the PC and installed the new card from scratch.

Heeeeeelp!!

Thanks, Brian

MB: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: E6600
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Graphics: HD5770
Sound: HD5770 (thru HDMI)

Satellite: Quad LNB
TBSBWL

Re: NO Signal in any application

Postby TBSBWL » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:54 am

I have also (just) plugged in all 3 power cables and no difference.

Does the cable fitting need any special consideration? Should the copper cable be especially long to fit and make contact perhaps? I ask because I made the cables up myself - normally 3mm of cable stiicking out is sufficient but maybe the design of the card needs longer?
TBSBWL

Postby TBSBWL » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:29 pm

OK, I've done some further troubleshooting but nothing has worked.

I redid the cable ends and made the cable a little longer, no difference. I re-tested the cables in my Humax PVR (twin tuner, so both cables are used), again both tuners in the Humax reported 100% signal strength and 100% signal quality.

I updated the driver to 2.0.0.1 beta and no difference.
I installed ProgDVB and again, no signal. It's actually reporting the signal level at 2% strength.

I am now thinking this card is duff, if the moderator or supports guys on here can come up with some more suggestions, I'm willing to try, otherwise I need to return the card for a replacement.
TBSBWL

Postby sami8519 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi mate,

I understand that you dont use diseqc, it' a direct connection from the quad lnb to the tbs card. So this leaves very few probabilities to test. Can you please try to feed the tbs card from the humax tuner out to see if the card fails to switch the lnb on? of course you will only get transponders with the same polarity as the humax receiver is tuned on. I hope this helps otherwise you might try another lnb if you have or try another pc if you have as well. Good luck

Regards
Sami
sami8519

Postby felzar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:30 am

Hi Sami

I have a similar problem. I can't get signal from hotbird 13E & Astra 19.2E using a twin exit monoblock LNB on an 80cm offset dish in the UK. I have enable the Diseq switch to switch between LNBs. Itried Blaze HD, DVB dream, ProgDVB and Progfinder.
I also have a smaller dish for my sky service which I use to watch TV on a daily basis. I unscrewed the co-ax from my Sky set top box and screwed them into the TSB card. Still no signal. What do you suggest? Is my card dead?

Thanks,
Felix

EDIT:
ProgDVB & Prog finder still cannot find any signal. Blaze video & DVB dream both found good signal strength & quality for Sky channels. So it seem the TBS card works OK! :D
Now I have to find what's wrong with my hotbird 13E/ Astra 19.2E dish setup!!!
felzar

Postby cody » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 pm

one customer that referred to this thread contacted us using the technical support email - i will continue helping him there.
cody

Postby cody » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:58 pm

TBSBWL's (Brian's) case is solved now through our technical support e-mails, but because more and more people seem to read the forum instead writing to us for help - for some reason one of the chip on the board was burnt and we replaced the board with brand new one.
cody

Return to Windows