Moderator Control Panel ]

No signal after resume from sleep

Re: No signal after resume from sleep

Postby nikos1671 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Any progress on this problem???Any information???
nikos1671

Postby Quequeg » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:04 am

:?: I don't see what the problem is here! In all the years I have used TV cards in PC's, I have never seen any that magically start showing a picture again after the PC has been forced into sleep whilst playing a video or TV signal. By design the PC doesn't automatically sleep whilst watching TV, and I have always stopped TV or video play before putting the PC to sleep manually - or just leave it until it sleeps itself (I use minimal power management in Windows 7 64-bit). Is there some reason you can't just press stop before putting the PC to sleep?
Quequeg

Postby nikos1671 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:43 am

Quequeg Wrote::?: I don't see what the problem is here! In all the years I have used TV cards in PC's, I have never seen any that magically start showing a picture again after the PC has been forced into sleep whilst playing a video or TV signal. By design the PC doesn't automatically sleep whilst watching TV, and I have always stopped TV or video play before putting the PC to sleep manually - or just leave it until it sleeps itself (I use minimal power management in Windows 7 64-bit). Is there some reason you can't just press stop before putting the PC to sleep?

Hey, wise guy did you try a little bit to read all the threat? and if you cant see what is the problem here then you have a big problem to understand what we are talking.
nikos1671

Postby Quequeg » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:43 am

nikos1671 Wrote:
Hey, wise guy did you try a little bit to read all the threat? and if you cant see what is the problem here then you have a big problem to understand what we are talking.

I did read the thread several times. Sorry if you thought I was trying to be a 'wise guy', but from what you have said it still seems to me that you are forcing the PC to sleep whilst it is showing TV, then after waking, you don't get a TV picture until you change channels and any scheduled recordings don't work - this is what you say;

Yes i have make also test with TBSView and i have the same result,i tune one channel then i press on my remote sleep while the channel is still playing, pc go normal to sleep, then i wake up my pc,pc waking up normal and i can see the TBSView black screen and mini epg is flashing instantly (this mean the program trying to tune to the channel that i was watcing before goes for sleep but nothing black screen) then i am trying manual to tune in the same channel and then its working.This problem appears in all the programs that i have try, the first tune after wake up is failing, if i try again its working,this is not acceptable while i loose records that i have programm while pc waking alone from sleep to make the records.

So I still ask, why not simply stop TV playing before you put the PC to sleep? Then your recordings would be OK, wouldn't they?
Quequeg

Postby nikos1671 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:44 am

Have a look on the video and then you will see where is the problem.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=637&sid=a3d7fc89e4d0ae563f0813cf4b413f6f#p2824
nikos1671

Postby lbpvr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:15 am

I have a similar problem with my 6981. I have an ASUS E35M1-I and the card will not tune first time from resume from sleep. It does not even report a failure to tune. It just appears to ignore the request. If I select another channel or exit and restart my app (dvbviewer) or select rebuild graph then it tunes. Any news on when a fix or testing driver will be available as using it as my pvr for recording is very hit and miss and is becoming annoying as there is no work-around either; reset from resume does not work either.
lbpvr

Postby nikos1671 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:26 am

i am also waiting for any news or any update on this problem.
nikos1671

Postby petya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:14 pm

This is very strange, as it works fine within Microsoft MCE (win 7), but not in MediaPortal. There is an error saying "cannot build graph" or smth, so you have to switch to another channel first.
petya

Postby UncleM1ch4el » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:05 am

Just recently brought the TBS6981 can can also report problems after resuming from sleep. In normal use everything works fine, however after resuming from sleep the channels works but freezes after about 1minute. If I restart the computer all works fine again. I was so pleased with this new tv card so this one aspect is very dissapointing to what otherwise was a great little card, any chance of this being fixed soonish?

I am running a clean install of Windows 7 64bit, 6GB RAM, Core i7 processor if any of that helps.

Regards,

Michael
UncleM1ch4el

Postby steven » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi we have updated the driver
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1179
thanks
steven

PreviousNext

Return to Windows