Moderator Control Panel ]

Some Transponders Intermittent Signal

Some Transponders Intermittent Signal

Postby TwoGunTurtle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 pm

I have recently bought the TBS6981 to be used with TVSource. The setup has gone quite smoothly with one exception, some of the transponders intermittently do not get a signal.

When doing a channel scan for TVSource I selected all transponders, however a selection of the channels I wanted were not showing. I rescanned and a few more appeared, but still some missing. I tried individual transponders for specific channels I wanted and some, on retrying, found a signal and the channels, but not all. I discovered that the transponders file was out of date so updated this, but still some missing.
I discovered the new bdadev file looking on the dvblogic forums and this allowed me to detect the remaining channels I wanted, but only after a few retries scanning those transponders.

Now everything is configured I get the same symptoms whehn I try to view channels as when I was scanning. When changing to these problem channels intermittently I get the DVBLink error screen with no signal or hardware fault. If I change to another channel and come back it will sometimes work or sometimes I have to do this a few times.

My previous build used 2 Hauppauge DVD-S2 cards and I did not have this problem so I think the cables and dish are OK. Can anyone offer some advice on what to do next? Do I have a faulty card?

Thanks in advanced for any assistance.

Win7 64bit, TVSource 3, Driver 2.0.0.5
TwoGunTurtle

Re: Some Transponders Intermittent Signal

Postby cody » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:07 am

please, keep eyes on the thread in DVBLogic forum:

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 4&start=75

there is where we're discussing the issue - it's the same for 6980 and 6981.

please, note that we so far determined it only happens on some setups and it seems on those setups something is causing huge delay in lock acquisition:

http://www.dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... =75#p31297

i'm guessing LNB which oscillator stability is not good, but i'm just going to post new debug drivers there for 6980, which will help to gather further information.
cody

Postby psykix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:16 am

I have the same problem - I have posted in the DVBLogic thread.

I have a second dish (1m motorised) which I can try, so that I can eliminate the LNB being a problem.

I'll report back later - I have to wait for the wife to finish watching her programmes on the other dish!

Cheers..
psykix

Postby cody » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:21 am

psykix Wrote:I have the same problem - I have posted in the DVBLogic thread.

I have a second dish (1m motorised) which I can try, so that I can eliminate the LNB being a problem.

I'll report back later - I have to wait for the wife to finish watching her programmes on the other dish!

Cheers..

that's perfect, but please wait, because as i mentioned in just in few minutes, i'm going to post new debug driver for TBS 6980 to DVBLogic forum thread that is measuring how much time it takes to acquire lock on your setups. i will also post the results on mine setup where the problem can't be reproduced. let's keep discussion in DVBLogic thread, because otherwise is hard to follow it. thanks, cody
cody

Postby tdiboy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:26 am

Hi there,
I was just about to purchase a TBS6981 for my DVBLogic TV-Source server and noticed this post which has put me off somewhat. Has there been any update to this issue or could this be a potential problem once it is installed?

Thanks
Dave
tdiboy

Postby cody » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:14 am

hi Dave,

as it was reported to DVBLogic forum newer drivers and TVSource versions resolved such kind of problems for everyone except few users, but it seems there issues are isolated cases caused by something in their setup (dish, cables, etc).

regards,
cody
cody

Postby TwoGunTurtle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 pm

All,

As I have mentioned over on the DVBLogic forums I am running almost perfectly with driver 2.0.0.11 with DVBLogic 3.2 beta2 software. The only issue I have now is that this driver version is noticeably slower than previous versions when changing channels. We are talking instead of the approx 4 secs it is now more like 8 secs. I can live with this, but it would be nice to have a snappier response.

Others have reported 2.0.0.11 being slow too. Any ideas Cody?

Thanks,
Rod
TwoGunTurtle

Postby cody » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 am

TwoGunTurtle Wrote:Others have reported 2.0.0.11 being slow too. Any ideas Cody?

Rod, i made some driver update that is still not official, but it fixes a small mistake that i made in version 2.0.0.11, which slows down the driver. i believe that is what you're talking about and by what other users are affected too. so, please, test it, i uploaded it here:

- for TBS 6980:
File name: tbs6980driver_v2.0.0.12.rar File size: 244.30 KB

- for TBS 6981:
File name: tbs6981driver_v2.0.0.12.rar File size: 244.68 KB

regards,
cody
cody

Postby TwoGunTurtle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:29 am

Hi Cody,

That is working beautifully on the 6981! No problems at all now, all channels behaving still and fast channel changes.

Thanks for the quick fix!
Rod
TwoGunTurtle

Postby cody » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:07 am

Rod, thanks for testing it so quickly and give us your feedback.
cody

Return to Windows