Moderator Control Panel ]

One LNB port defect?

One LNB port defect?

Postby satdude49 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:52 am

Now this is weird.

Took me a while, I had to break down my dish setup and bring in my two Diseqc (4/1) switches & my two LNB's (twin) next to the computer where TBS6981 is in to figure this out.

The essence of the problem is:
On the LNB-A port, when switching from a Vertical polarized to a Horizontal polarized frequency tuning fails & the LED's on the Diseqc switch shut-off (well,they glow very dim).

The same Diseqc-switch & LNB's on LNB-B port work ok.

Switched around the Diseqc switches & LNB but the problem with LNB-A port persists (LNB-B port works ok with everthing I throw at it).

Other observations:
- After the problem occurs the voltage on LNB-A has dropped to 6 volts
- without a LNB attached Diseqc switching works ok. But it fails as soon as a LNB is attached.
- after shutting down the computer (or shutting down DVBViewer with option "power down LNB on close") the LNB-A port returns to working state (as long as I keep it tuned to Vertical polarized frequencies only)

Things tried:
- updated to the most recent driver (2.0.0.21)
- attached an extra power connector to the TBS6981 card

Diseqc switches: Triax 41 D
LNB's: Inverto Multiconnect twin LNB

Anything else I can try or is my (+- two months old card) card broken?
satdude49

Re: One LNB port defect?

Postby steven » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi satdude49

Other observations:
- After the problem occurs the voltage on LNB-A has dropped to 6 volts
- without a LNB attached Diseqc switching works ok. But it fails as soon as a LNB is attached.
- after shutting down the computer (or shutting down DVBViewer with option "power down LNB on close") the LNB-A port returns to working state (as long as I keep it tuned to Vertical polarized frequencies only)

From what you say,the card maybe broken,you can contact with our support@tbsdtv.com,We can give you a RMA service.

Thanks
steven

Re: One LNB port defect?

Postby satdude49 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks for the quick response!
I have sent an e-mail with the requested information
satdude49

Return to Windows