Moderator Control Panel ]

Noob - Please help :)

Noob - Please help :)

Postby wirewizard » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:58 am

Hi Guys,

I purchased a 6981 this week, no problems at all with installing and setting up with windows 7 x64 MCE, although I do have a few niggles I would like some help with, please bare with me as I am a noob at the whole satellite TV on PC scene.

I am in the UK and use the astra 2/eurobird 1 satellite, as I know the 6981 (after some research of course) uses programmed transponders rather than blind scanning, which is fine as an easy setup was what I wanted. After running though the setup I have found in MCE that all the channels are out of order, also some channels are not named correctly (I.E. I had one of the music channels come up as babe station), which I suspect is a problem with Microsofts transponder list. Is there a list I can download and import into media center to correct the list?

Also channel 4 HD is very blocky and jumpy... I had to scan for ITV HD and BBC HD channels manually (which wasn't too much of an issue) and these run fine, I have tried everything to work this problem out.

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully I have explained my problems clearly.

regards
Wirewizard
wirewizard

Re: Noob - Please help :)

Postby Halcyon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:18 am

Remember that MCE does not provide the Freesat EPG and some (a lot!) of data is wrong or out of date.
Channel 4 HD has moved off Eurobird to Astra (In the last week) So things *may* improve there.

So my advice is.. do what I did, sort out all your channel listings manually, rename channels where you have to and put them in the order that you want them in..
It takes *hours* but it's well worth the effort. And you find some interesting FTA channels in the process! Well.. I say interesting, I mean quite terrible, but you didn't know they existed! :-D
Halcyon

Return to Windows