Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6981 card defective ?

TBS6981 card defective ?

Postby Phaedra » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:45 am

After quite some problems in the past, things have gotten worse.
I had a lot of smaller, apparently unrelated, problems that could not be correlated to anything.
Last week, I reinstalled all software from scratch and performed a channel scan.
I noticed that I was missing quite a lot of channels on different satellites.
I started experimenting to isolate the problem, and I found the following :
- on one tuner I get no signal, even when connected directly to an LNB (no diseqc inbetween). When I swap LNB's, I get the same result. The meter on my stafinder tool should indicate a value of at least 1 whenever the tuner is active. On this tuner it barely reaches 0.5. Tried it with a different cable, same result.
- connecting the LNB to the other tuner, I suddenly do get signal on several frequencies, but the channels detected are all channels from a different satellite (Astra 28.2), whatever satellite I select for the channel scan.
- when I scan for a specific transponder from the desired satellite (23.5), I get no signal, whereas the selected transponder should contain several channels.
- however I align or realign the dish, I get the same results

I tried these experiments with DVBdream and Mediaportal, with exactly the same results.

Is it correct to assume that this card is defective ?
Phaedra

Re: TBS6981 card defective ?

Postby steven » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:29 am

Hi
Sorry for the problem you had met,You can contact with our support@tbsdtv,and tell you detail information,
We can give you RMA service .
steven

Return to Windows