Moderator Control Panel ]

Video drop outs in mediaportal since installing TBS card

Video drop outs in mediaportal since installing TBS card

Postby spiderwheels » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:29 pm

I don't know if this is the TBS card causing this or not. I've posted this message in the mediaportal forum but I though it might be worth posting it here to get some opinions as to whether it is an issue with the TBS card or not:

I'm having trouble with my PCI-E graphics card dropping both picture and sound for about a second once every 10-60 minutes.

The graphics card has been running trouble free for 9 months before this problem started.

A couple of weeks before it started (or before I started noticing it) I removed an old PCI DVB-S receiver card and replaced it with a TBS dual DVB-S2. This is installed in the only 1x PCI-E on the mobo - right next to the 16x PCI-E graphics card slot.

The mobo also has an onboard IGP (ATI 4200HD) that I assume is wired in the PCI-E bus as if it were installed in another slot. I have swapped to the IGP in the BIOS and the issue has gone away.

If the problem had started as soon as I installed the TBS DVB-S2 card then I would have suspected it immediately. Either I just didn't notice (unlikely as I tend to notice the slightest occurrence of a dropped frame) or the problem really didn't occur when I installed the TBS card.

The TBS card never misses a beat. If I rewind after a video drop-out the stream is complete.

The problem is also getting more frequent. Which also suggests something is gradually failing.
spiderwheels

Re: Video drop outs in mediaportal since installing TBS card

Postby steven » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:32 am

Hi spiderwheels

Would you mind tell us your PCI-E graphics card detail information.maybe graphics card have
some effect with TBS card.

Thanks
steven

Return to Windows