Moderator Control Panel ]

Problems receiving BBC-HD, BBC1

Problems receiving BBC-HD, BBC1

Postby lejupp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:10 am

I have just currently replaced my previous single tuner DVB-S2 card (Floppy DTV) with a TBS6981 dual tuner card. My HTPC runs Windows 7 and the Windows 7 Media Center for watching and recording TV. All in all, the 6981 works like a charm, no tuner losses, no standby problems etc. However, there is onle little problem: The two tuners are connected to a Technisat Multytenne Twin multi position dish with diseqc control. I use this setup to watch German TV on Astra 19.2° and British BBC and ITV on Astra 2D/28.2°.

Since I switched to the TBS6981, I no longer receive BBC-HD, BBC One an BBC-HD. All other BBC and ITV stations (including ITV-HD) work flawlessly, yet the first mentioned stations just do not appear in the channel list, even after a full satellite scan over all transponders. A dedicated transponder scan on 10847Mhz vertical (where BBC-HD sits) does not find the station either. There used to be no problem receiving all these stations with the previous setup, so I guess the issue must somehow be connected to the new tuner card.

Hence my question: Is this a common problem (albeit searching the forum did not reveal any similar issues) or has someone else experienced a similar problem before and knows how to solve it? Would be great if there was a solution...

Many thanks in advance,
Andreas
lejupp

Re: Problems receiving BBC-HD, BBC1

Postby lejupp » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:33 am

Hm, no ideas anyone?
lejupp

Postby krizyd » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi,

I've got the same problem. I've brought the TBS6981 last week running on a windows 7 media center PC and I can't get BBC news, Scuzz, BBC HD, BBC 4 however I do get BBC1 and all the others. I've used an old Hauppauge single receiver card and that works fine. I've down loaded the latest driver V2.0.1.3 but still no difference. When using windows media to test satellite signal strength, I get 4 out 5 bars.

Can anyone help?

Chris
krizyd

Postby krizyd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:27 am

Hi,

I've solved my problems. I went on to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... on_Freesat to get the frequencys and rescanned the missing channels in windows media. Using the menu, go to Windows 7 Media Center -> Tasks -> settings -> TV -> TV Signal -> Satellite Transponder Scan -> Single transponder scan. Put in the frequency, symbol rate, & polarization. Once the new channels are found, windows adds them to the channel list but not where you think. It puts them at the top, channel number 1000+. Go to the new channel (1000+) and edit the channel number (right click on the guide channel), putting in the channel number that doesn't work. ie BBC news 503. This then swaps the new channel into the place of the old one. Hope that helps.
krizyd

Postby lejupp » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:05 am

Fabulous, it worked! Could have sworn I tried this before, but apparently I didn't try it right. Anyways, thanks a million for the hint!
lejupp

Postby tonewheelkev » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 am

krizyd Wrote:Hi,

I've solved my problems. I went on to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... on_Freesat to get the frequencys ...........

You say that frequencies are shown on these pages...? :?:
tonewheelkev

Return to Windows