Moderator Control Panel ]

Unable to install TBS6981 drivers in Win7

Unable to install TBS6981 drivers in Win7

Postby jaro » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:27 am

Hi there,
I purachsed a couple of TBS6981's which both arrived at my door in record time :)

However after installing them into my machine, Im having trouble getting Windows 7 to install their drivers.

When I go to device manager I can see the card under Other devices > Multimedia Video Controller. However When I click on it then select update driver I don't have any luck.
I try search automatically and it finds nothing.
If I browse my computer and point it to the drivers it doesn't pick them up, even if you tick "include subfolders" which should search through the subfolders to find the drivers.

Ive tried on 2 machines and am getting the same result. One a win7 32bit install, the other win7 64bit.

Any suggestions as Im suprised I'm having troubles just installing the driver :oops:

Thanks
jaro

Re: Unable to install TBS6981 drivers in Win7

Postby bob » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 am

Please help to make sure what's the Hardware ID which you can find in Device Manager,such as
PCI\VEN_14F1&DEV_8852&SUBSYS_88886981.
If the hardware ID is not correct,i think the Eeprom is damage.
But i don't think both of your cards have faulty eeprom.
bob

Re: Unable to install TBS6981 drivers in Win7

Postby cody » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:56 pm

more specifically in Windows 7 you can find Device IDs of newly installed hardware with going to:

"Control Panel -> (System and Maintenance) -> System -> Device Manager"

and then select the newly installed device for which driver is still not loaded and from the menu with right click go to:

"Properties -> Details -> Property -> Hardware Instance Ids"
cody

Return to Windows