Moderator Control Panel ]

interaction with other cards

interaction with other cards

Postby kevin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:21 am

I have been upgrading my media centre and am now using a Dell 530 running VISTA
To go with my Hauppauge DVB-T dual tuner I purchased a TBS6891 to replace a Compro S350 (DVB-S only)

The tbs6981 appeared to work fine to start with but after around 10 minutes it locked up. To cut a long story short I eventually determined that the 6981s wont work with the Hauppauge in my PC. When the TBS 6981 lock up the Hauppauge continues to work fine . Removing the Hauppauge and the TBS works.

Searching the website suggests that other people have has similar experience. There are a number of reports where the the TBS wont scan properly or locks up. One case was traced to a wireless card - remove it and the TBS was fine (I have a wireless card installed with no problems). The "problem" doesn't appear to be mother board specific
kevin

Re: interaction with other cards

Postby steven » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi

would you mind tell us which type of Hauppauge card you are use?
Thanks
steven

Postby kevin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:59 am

The card in question is a Hauppauge NOVA-T-500 (dual DVB-T card). (its a PCI card with two DVB-T receivers hanging off a USB interface)

I now have a Peak USB card (dual). This appears to work OK but I am still having some problems with timed recordings. Not all are completing and this may be due to the card itself locking up. Struggling to isolate the problem at present.

cheers
kevin

Postby steven » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi kevin
sorry for the problem,but we can not solve it now,maybe Hauppauge are use the same chip with 6981.
and if we have any progress about this problem ,we will contact with you as soon as possilbe.
Thanks
steven

Postby kevin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:04 am

The Hauppauge uses a VIA USB chip on the PCI card with their USB devices(DVB_T chip) on the USB

I didn't think the TBS had a USB chip on the PCIe card so I don't quite understand. Bottom line I suspect a driver interaction issue.

cheers
kevin

Return to Windows