Moderator Control Panel ]

What software to use??

What software to use??

Postby Acuario » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi,

I am trying to set up a multiple channel streaming server on Windows 7. I have a TBS6981 card installed and working fine (on 1 channel at least, I have yet to plug in the second).
I want to stream a live TV channel(s) from the card that I can connect to from any machine on my network using, for example, VLC.

I tried installing MediaPortal and yes it works BUT it seems it has to have a client request a stream before it starts streaming.
I can view the stream in VLC on other machines on my network If I run the stream using the Timeshifting in 'Manual control' on the TV server it works - but each time I go back to the stream it re-starts from the point I started the timeshifting.

I'm sure there is a solution using something but I don't know what. I did see mention of something called 'TS Capture' in the TBS Quick install guide but is this only for certain cards? Is this what I need and if so where do I download it?

Also, reading the literature, it seems that I should be able to 'view' (in my case stream) 2 channels from the same transponder. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Acuario

Return to Windows