Moderator Control Panel ]

IR receiver questions

IR receiver questions

Postby veehexx » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:35 pm

i've been trying to setup mythtv (using mythbuntu 10.10) on my HTPC and everything went well until i tried to wakeup mythtv from suspend via my current MCE receiver.... it wouldn't - i know the hardware is setup correctly to resume from USB, and it seems quite specific between mythbuntu and my MCE IR reciever, and the fact it wasn't powered when in suspend mode.
so now im back on win7 media center as that works.

win7 is far from perfect with my setup, so i'm looking at alternatives (again!).

i know the TBS 6891 has an IR receiver built into it, so does anyone know if this plays nicely with mythtv?
i guess it's fairly useless having an IR receiver if it doesnt work 100%, but I don't want to spend another week configuring stuff to only find out it's still not going to work.

specifically, i would like to know the following:
1) will the TBS IR receiver wakeup the pc from suspend? (presuming the TBS card is powered when in suspend & bios configured correctly for PCI card wakeup)
2) will mythTV (or specifically Lirc) automatically detect the IR receiver and configure itself? if not, what profile will i need for lirc?
3) I'm after using the TBS IR Receiver as a complete replacement for my MCE receiver, is the TBS IR receiver capable of this function?

thanks for any help
veehexx

Return to Linux