Moderator Control Panel ]

Support not good

Support not good

Postby stinga » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:43 pm

G'day all,

I am not sure this is a good card to use with Linux unless you are able to compile and decode issues in Linux on your own.
I have an issue that I can't get the card to work with linhes (a mythtv install). The drivers you can download don't work on 2.6.28-LinHES.

I did find another download that does compile and seems to work. I can get scanning and tuning to work for S1 transmissions but not S2 transmissions.
The supplied software (scan-s2/szap-s2) work which points to the appliance setup somehow.

I think the hardware is good and I think if you can you can use a newer kernel you might be fine.

I notice that the forums are beginning to fill with spam, so this also means no one is looking at the forums any more to keep the rubbish out.

I am also concerned with the closed source nature of the code, I understand why but it means at some point the card will not work in a newer kernel.

I am sure I will be able to get it to work eventually but it is taking longer than I would have thought was needed.

My thoughts only on where I am at the moment.
--
stinga

as of 01-Oct-2016
MB: gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G
RAM: 2GB
VGA: PNY Nvidia GT240 1GB
4 x Technisat skystar 2
2 x 500g pata
3 x 1TB sata
stinga

Return to Linux