Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS 6981 C band LNB and MythTV 0.26

TBS 6981 C band LNB and MythTV 0.26

Postby YMMS » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Hello TBS Forum.

I am curious to find out if anybody has had success with this card a C Band lnb and mythtv 0.26 or newer ( versions from git) .

I have had no success with this set up. I have tbs drivers that work with szap but I wonder if the driver is some how not quite understanding what MythTV wants it to do.

The folk at TBS (euro) support appear to have an attitude that if their driver works with one application (szap-s2) that it is totally compliant with the linux-dvb API .
They suggest that my installation of MythTV is lacking but do not give any examples of a working configuration or even confirm that they have tested it !

As I am unsure I would like to hear from anyone using MythTV 0.26 or newer and a C-Band LNB with a TBS-6981.

I can successfully use MythTV 0.26 with a KU band LNB and a 6981.

If I downgrade to MythTV 0.24 the C-Band and KU Band LNB both work with the TBS 6981.

If I use another brand of S2 tuner (Hauppage) it works with C-Band LNB and Mythtv 0.26 .

I believe that the issue is with the TBS drivers not providing all of the facilaties that a compliant open source linux-dvb driver would but I will be delighted to be wrong in this assumption and find out how to make it work.
YMMS

Return to Linux