Moderator Control Panel ]

Driver problems with new TSB 6921 TV card

Driver problems with new TSB 6921 TV card

Postby wilberforce » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:44 am

I installed my new TBS 6921 TV Card but could not get the drivers to install ( CODE 10) the card showed up in device manager as one line TBS 6921-S/2S BDA with a yellow (!) mark so the computer sees the card.
I tried downloading new drivers from the TBS sight but they gave me the same result .
Is there anything else besides having a faulty card that could be causing the problem???
I am running windows 7 and am using a Prof card without a blind scan and smart DVB at the moment and it is working fine.
:(
wilberforce

Re: Driver problems with new TSB 6921 TV card

Postby cody » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 am

that sounds like hardware fault, but it could be for some reason TBS 6921 doesn't like the PCI-Express slot in which it's installed. have you tried to change PCI-Express slots? please, if it doesn't help mail us to euro_support@tbsdtv.com with CC to support@tbsdtv.com for arranging RMA. thanks.
cody

Postby wilberforce » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:33 am

Hi Cody thanks for your reply.
First the MB I am using has only one spare PCI-E slot , the other one has a video card in it . After re seating the card and making a few attempts to install drivers, they (drivers) installed or partially installed? The strange thing is when the card in device manager ( sound & video& game controllers) shows the drivers are installed, a device shows up above as unknown device and it's property's says ( unknown device ---Location on PCI Standard ISA Bridge Status, no drivers installed Code 28) If i disable the unknown device the system will reboot and the card will function if the unknown device is left enabled on re boot the unknown device is gone along with the drivers for the card.
I tried the card in a friends computer and the drivers installed right away but there was a bubble flashed saying the (drivers had not installed properly) and the unknown device showed up there as well . This computer did not have a dish connected so I have know way to know if it was working.
I wrote to the manufacturer and they are sending me a replacement card
Thanks again.
wilberforce

Postby cody » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:45 am

hi, which manufacturer sending you a replacement card? do you mean TBS or your motherboard manufacturer? anyway, from your further description it's clearly not hardware fault, but just some software mixed up on your Windows installation. also, the "unknown device" that appears after the main TBS 6921 driver is installed is "Virtual Human Input Device (VHID)" for the remote controller on TBS 6921 and you just need to manually install the drivers for it using Windows Driver Update wizard - the VHID driver is available on the same installation path, where main TBS 6921 driver is located - it's called "tbs6921vhid.sys".
cody

Postby wilberforce » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:46 am

Hi just an update. Whenever I try to install drivers I get a bubble message that the drivers did not install properly and the tbs 6921vhid.sys will not install .
The replacement card is being sent from BUY DVB SHOP and I have to return the old card to
202, Block B, Tsinghua Unis Inforport, Langshan Rd, Hi-Tech Industrial
Park (North), Nanshan District, Shenzhen.
Zip: 518057
wilberforce

Postby cody » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:54 am

ok, i understand, just wait for the replacement then - if the driver can't install properly then it's probably due to some fault in the hardware.
cody

Postby wilberforce » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:34 pm

I received the new replacement card today and it installed perfectly so all I have to do now is send the defective one back and figure out how the blind scan works.
Thanks again for your input.
wilberforce

Postby cody » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 am

wilberforce Wrote:I received the new replacement card today and it installed perfectly so all I have to do now is send the defective one back

you're lucky both that the problem is solved and that replacement was sent to you before your old faulty card is received - we don't have such practice, but apparently sometimes mistakes happen.
cody

Return to Windows