Moderator Control Panel ]

Infuriating! Please help!

Re: Infuriating! Please help!

Postby MajicM » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:41 pm

So... what next?

Are TBS fixing the drivers so Diseqc works properly or do I now have an expensive card that is not fit for purpose?

I don't want to have to move the dish with the OpenBox everytime! That's not ideal for feed hunting where I want to quickly flit from one sat to another!
MajicM

Postby Likvid » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Last edited by Likvid on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Likvid

Postby MajicM » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:55 am

Thanks Likvid.

It's probably too late to send it back now, I've had it a month and technically the card isn't faulty :(

I just wish TBS would sort it out, it's clearly a powerful piece of kit but they need to sort out the drivers, big time!

Do the NetUp cards support DiSeqc 1.2 / USALS? Where did you buy yours from, as I have never heard of them before?

I hope TBS will give an answer and not just ignore those of us who are having issues, after all, this is their official support forum, right?

Seems TBS are another company who want yo take your money but don't offer ANY support at all.
MajicM

Postby DVB » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:26 am

MajicM: I'm afraid this is not driver issue in Your case. You got BSOD when trying to move dish. This can happen in fact in just only one case: power consumption is too high. TBS 6925 can provide ~400 mA at peak. If motor+LNB will gave higher summary power consumption at the moment - card will fail to provide that amount of energy and built in overload protection will cut it off resulting in BSOD. If I'm right - both You and TBS can do nothing about it. I'm suspecting this also because there are users that are able to drive motor with TBS6925. If there would be overall driver failure - nobody would be able to move dish by TBS6925, which is not true.

EDIT: Got confirmation from DX-er strs65 with SG-2100 motor + DiSEqC 1.2 - OK.

Please try eventually SmartDVB instead DVB Dream as IMHO DVB Dream got some bugs for TBS 6925 which can result total hang out of TBS6925 and BSOD's.

IMHO it is better to use dedicated positioner for dish moving. TBS will send DiSEqC 1.2 commands to positioner and positioner will drive motor, providing enough of power itself to move dish.

To all users: be aware that any DVB card can work better or worse on some specific configurations. It is not possible to test card with all motherboards all over the world, with all motors, all LNB's etc. Few fail cases doesn't mean that drivers are automatically the reason.

PS: There will be second post, as there is limitation for post length to 3000 chars - I need to comment Likvid funny post :lol:
Last edited by DVB on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
And now you're watching 8K:
KKKKKKKK
:)
DVB

Postby DVB » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:28 am

Likvid: Do You know how badly did You now made funny of Yourself?

Look at this:
Does NetUp work with CrazyScan? No.
Does NetUp have blindscan on Windows? No.
Does NetUp support Windows? In fact - no, there is only buggy beta driver at github done 6 months ago. No further support. Some fixes were done to source 4 months ago, but You have to build driver by yourself, there is no signed version, so driver cannot be installed at x64 Win7 architecture in any easy way (need to switch Windows to special mode)
Does NetUp can receive ACM/VCM with MIS? No, because nobody implemented MIS filter.
Does NetUp can receive Generic Streams? No, only TS.
What is the lowest possible SR to receive by NetUp? 1000 ksymb/s as driver got hardcoded limitation below this value (TBS does not).
Does CI slot built in NetUp works under Windows? In 99,9% software: no, because there is no ability to communicate with it (so You paid for CI which You won't be able to use)
Does NetUp correctly receive 16APSK/32APSK streams? Not all, because PCI bridge that is used (CX23885) has bitrate limitation. It is well known and NetUp had wrote about this in 2010: http://www.netup.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=153 (32APSK, SR 27500, FEC 9/10 gave packet losses, this is just 119 Mbit/s! TBS is able to reach 190 Mbit/s, do You understand that this mean that some 32APSK transmissions can be missed?)
With all these limitations price for NetUp is... higher that TBS6925 :lol: :lol: :lol:

TBS also planned to use CX23885 for TBS6925, but when they discovered, that CX23885 will be too slow to provide full range of possibilities - they replaced it with NXP solution.

In short: You replaced good TBS card with... product with a lot of limitations with higher price - great exchange, congratulations Likvid :D That is happening, when somebody without knowledge trying to be smart. You fooled Yourself, because You do not have knowledge to properly evaluate technical data. TBS6925 is at this moment the only one DVB card with such great range of possilibities. None other product reach this level. Of course TBS6925 is not perfect, but it just have no competitors.

The funny thing: Likvid was crying here about bugs with windows drivers, reported correctly (with details) just one (22 kHz at high band), which was fixed. Despite that he gave back TBS6925, bought NetUp and... need to swith to linux ( http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/po ... ux-5864096 ) as card has just no support for windows :lol: One (fixed) bug in Windows driver was such big problem for You, but NO support for Windows at NetUp is not a problem now? Incredible change! :lol:

Can You explain how it is possible that one small bug in Windows drivers was such big problem for You, but a lot of limitations and barely NO Windows support at all is no problem now? If You are telling me, that TBS got "lousy drivers" under Windows, how You will name NetUp Windows drivers? :lol:
Last edited by DVB on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
KKKKKKKK
DVB

Postby MajicM » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:39 am

DVB Wrote:MajicM: I'm afraid this is not driver issue in Your case. You got BSOD when trying to move dish. This can happen in fact in just only one case: power consumption is too high. TBS 6925 can provide ~400 mA at peak. If motor+LNB will gave higher summary power consumption at the moment - card will fail to provide that amount of energy and built in overload protection will cut it off resulting in BSOD. If I'm right - both You and TBS can do nothing about it. I'm suspecting this also because there are users that are able to drive motor with TBS6925. If there would be overall driver failure - nobody would be able to move dish by TBS6925, which is not true.

Please try eventually SmartDVB instead DVB Dream as IMHO DVB Dream got some bugs for TBS 6925 which can result total hang out of TBS6925 and BSOD's.

IMHO it is better to use dedicated positioner for dish moving. TBS will send DiSEqC 1.2 commands to positioner and positioner will drive motor, providing enough of power itself to move dish.

To all users: be aware that any DVB card can work better or worse on some specific configurations. It is not possible to test card with all motherboards all over the world, with all motors, all LNB's etc. Few fail cases doesn't mean that drivers are automatically the reason.

PS: There will be second post, as there is limitation for post length to 3000 chars - I need to comment Likvid funny post :lol:

Hi DVB

Well... I found the source of the BSOD's and it appeared to be a PCI Serial card I had in my machine. When I took it out (as I no longer use it) the BSOD's stopped and the device (TBS card) never disappeared from Windows anymore.

So, that is that problem sorted.

However, I am unable to move the motor with ANY of the software - Not DVB Dream, Easy Blind Scan, the TBS utilities, nothing.... I haven't tried SmartDVB lately but there has to be something to fix this? My PC PSU is not low rated so there should be plenty power!

There has to be a solution?
MajicM

Postby MajicM » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:24 am

OK, I just tried SmartDVB and it doesn't drive either.

Tried USALS and raw Diseqc command.
MajicM

Postby DVB » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:12 am

MajicM Wrote:My PC PSU is not low rated so there should be plenty power!

PSU is one thing & max. power output at LNB connector is other thing. When You look at back of Your Openbox S11 at LNB input there is probably written something like "LNB IN 13/18V 500mA max". Every DVB receiver/DVB card got it's maximum power output, which can provide to LNB/motor. If summary value of power for LNB + motor is above DVB card possibilities - this won't work.

For example please look at Inverto LNB's (click on Specifications tab):
Single: http://www.inverto.tv/products/product. ... on=1&id=35 (Current Consumption 120 mA Max. @ 11 ~ 20V)
Quad: http://www.inverto.tv/products/product. ... on=1&id=71 (Current Consumption 200 mA Max. @ 11 ~ 20V), Twin got 180 mA
Stab HH Motor: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/STAB ... -Motor.htm (Starting consumption (max) 350 mA)

If card can output max ~400 mA and motor will use 350 mA at start moving dish, there is only 50mA for LNB, none of Inverto's showed as example cannot get so low. No matter which PSU will be in PC - it won't change card maximum. Of cource different LNB's & motors got different current consumption, so I cannot tell how it looks in Your satellite installation.

But You diagnosed BSOD's reason and this is important and change situation.

Can You do small experiment? Please try to disconnect LNB (only leave connection between motor and TBS6925) and try to move dish. I know that sounds crazy & useless, but can be important. You use single LNB or LNB with more output (Twin/Quad)?

In SmartDVB You tried on Florian BDA device?

There must be some reasonable explaination for Your issue as You already replaced both card and motor and that did not bring any change, so both were not faulty in range of moving dish. At the same time there are users that can move dish by DiSEqC 1.2 motor and TBS6925, so cannot blame drivers for this as all users would be facing the same problems.

Thanks for answer.
KKKKKKKK
DVB

Postby Likvid » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Last edited by Likvid on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Likvid

Postby MajicM » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 pm

DVB Wrote:
MajicM Wrote:My PC PSU is not low rated so there should be plenty power!

PSU is one thing & max. power output at LNB connector is other thing. When You look at back of Your Openbox S11 at LNB input there is probably written something like "LNB IN 13/18V 500mA max". Every DVB receiver/DVB card got it's maximum power output, which can provide to LNB/motor. If summary value of power for LNB + motor is above DVB card possibilities - this won't work.

If card can output max ~400 mA and motor will use 350 mA at start moving dish, there is only 50mA for LNB, none of Inverto's showed as example cannot get so low. No matter which PSU will be in PC - it won't change card maximum. Of cource different LNB's & motors got different current consumption, so I cannot tell how it looks in Your satellite installation.

Can You do small experiment? Please try to disconnect LNB (only leave connection between motor and TBS6925) and try to move dish. I know that sounds crazy & useless, but can be important. You use single LNB or LNB with more output (Twin/Quad)?

In SmartDVB You tried on Florian BDA device?

OK

I can't get to the dish to unplug the LNB, sadly.

OpenBox on the back says "LNB IN 13/18V 500mA max".

My LNB is a Smart Titanium, according to this website the stats are:

Single Universal TS
Smart Titanium Edition

With the smart „Titanium Edition” - LNB series you will purchase first-class quality and latest technology.

- 5 years warranty
- Feed diameter: 40 mm
- HDTV capable
- Power consumption: 110 mA
- Connector type: F-series connector (gold contact)

As for my NEW motor (YES the old one WAS faulty as the Openbox wouldn't move it either and it moves it everytime now) according to the manufacturers site here the stats are:

1.Metal Gear

2.Metal Box Gear

3.Backlash Automatic

Software protected from ALSAT.

DARK MOTOR Metal gear

Drive Dish Up 1.4
Very Hight Speed

Protocol : DiSEqC 1.2 & Go to “X” 1.3
Compatible Receiver : Receiver with DiSEqC 1.2 or Interface Box
Antenna Size : 140 cm Max.
Speed : 1.9 / sec (at 13V) ; 2.5 / sec (at 18V)
Azimuth Angle : 80 East ~ 80 West ( 160° )
Elevation Angle : 25~75
Input Voltage : 13 / 18Vdc
Output Voltage : 13 / 18Vdc
Power Consumption : 50 mA (Standby)
200mA (Normal)
350mA (Max.)
Satellite Positions : 60 positions

So, what does that suggest?

(Also yes Florian BDA)
MajicM

PreviousNext

Return to Windows