Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6925 doesn't work. What to do?

TBS6925 doesn't work. What to do?

Postby two4two » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I've tried it in Linux and Windows. I've run a FULL blind scan on satellite G19 so there should CERTAINLY be some hits, right?

Nada.

Here's my setup:

10' BUD. Ku and C-band LNBs. The dish/LNBs/RG-6 and everthing else works. I can get clear NTSC channels (what few there are) on my DSR-922. I use the DSR-922 as the dish positioner and to set the polarity and make skew adjustments, etc. I have 2 2-way high frequency splitters (1 for C-band and 1 for Ku) -- the kind that block the DC power on one side (the FTA side) and allow it thru on the other (the DSR-922 side) -- and a 2-input DiSEqC switch. I used this setup on my Fortec Star FTA receiver and it works. Now I do understand about how to operate this configuration: the DSR-922 sets the polarity by choosing a transponder. The maps in the DSR-922 know the polarity scheme for each satellite and control the servos accordingly. And if the DSR-922 has it wrong it gives the option to set manually -- which I certainly do when re-configuring or adding satellites. So, in order to do the scan you have to do it twice: once with the DSR-922 on a vertical transponder, and again with it on a horizontal transponder. Never mind that the DSR-922 believes the C and KU bands are separate, the DiSEqC switch combines them into one for the TBS6925 and so it should look like one great big composite satellite.

But NADA. It gets nothing. On the ProgDVB blind scan the bar for signal level is green up to about 80%, but NEVER does it register any quality.

So, think it's time to do the return/exchange thing?

Or anyone have ANY ideas based on all I've said here?
two4two

Return to Linux