Moderator Control Panel ]

Diseqc switching issue with C-band LNBs

Diseqc switching issue with C-band LNBs

Postby deejayd » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 am

Hello there.
Just purchased the 6925 card. Tested it on Windows and Linux. Card performance and reception stability seem excellent, especially on Linux (some blue screens still appear on Windows sometimes, but this is not my concern today).
But I have one blocking issue.
My satellite dish config is: 2 Ku-band LNBs + 2 C-band LNBs, selection is done using a 4 ports Diseqc switch.
Diseqc switching is working perfectly good with other cards, but with the 6925, when switching to a C-band LNB, it becomes impossible to revert back to any other LNB afterwards. I moved the C-band lnbs to all diseqc positions, the behaviour is the same => this is not an issue with specific diseqc ports. The only way to resume diseqc switching is to unplug/replug the sat cable from the card, or to stop and start the PC (simple reboot is not enough).
The same behaviour is observed with a second PC.
After some search, I found that the 6925 card is always providing a voltage on the LNB output (13 or 18V), as soon as the PC is powered up. This is not the case with other cards, where voltage is sent only when tuner is called. I deduct that this diseqc switching issue is caused by this voltage that is always active, preventing the diseqc switch to "reset" correctly.
My question is: is it possible with the 6925 linux firmware/driver to deactivate LNB output voltage ? I could adapt the firmware to insert some zero voltage for a short period before sending the diseqc...
Or alternatively, can you please provide a fix ? :)
deejayd

Re: Diseqc switching issue with C-band LNBs

Postby SergioDanielG » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:41 am

I use a 8x1 diseqc and a 4x1 diseqc. I have only 1 C-band LNB and it's not problem to lock in KU o C-band. I use Debian GNU/Linux with vdr and vdr-sxfe from Debian repositories.

I have the same problem with voltage. I'd report it to tbs support. At start time and at end with all software the voltage is on.

Excuseme. Wich software do you use in linux?

Best regards.
SergioDanielG

Postby deejayd » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:56 am

I have tested this on Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.04, with a customized w_scan software, also tested it with VLC and Kaffeine.
deejayd

Postby deejayd » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 am

I have done some intensive testing with a lot of configurations.
Unfortunately, I confirm the 4x1 diseqc management issue with TBS6925 I bought a second 4x1 switch and the results are similar, only with this card. I never face any issue with a 2x1 switch.
Problems are: first diseqc change is OK, second change in inoperant: diseqc remains blocked at the last position and there is nothing else to do than unplug/replug antenna cable or switch off / on the PC, which is of course a blocking issue.
I am more and more convinced the problem is due to LNB voltage/22khz not well managed by the card or by the driver while diseqc messages are sent.
To TBS6925 firmware developers: is it possible to force LNB output to zero volt while the card is powered on ???
deejayd

Return to Linux