Moderator Control Panel ]

Supported CI modules?

Supported CI modules?

Postby marcelru » Sat May 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi all,

Yesterday my TBS5980 arrived. I hooked it up to my Fedora 14 x86-64 box, configured and compiled the (downloaded) driver code, installed it together with the firmware and hey presto! a working usb DVB-S2 receiver.

Without the CI module inserted (I have an Astoncrypt 1.07) tuning works fast for both DVB-S and DVB-S2 channels.
I used scandvb from atrpms repository and scan-s2 from Igor Liplianin's repo.
However, when I insert my CI module, tuning fails altogether.

Ideas why that might be, anyone?

Haven't tried it with Windows software (never touch the stuff unless I really have to).

grtz,

marcelr
marcelru

Re: Supported CI modules?

Postby Wim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Hello Marcelr

Did you try again with the latest drvers?
According to the news flash the cam compatibility should be improved.
(2011-6-2) TBS Linux driver V110523 is updated to V110531, which further improves compatibility with Linux kernel 2.6.38, and improves CAM compatibility of TBS 5980. Please download from "download section".

I am living in the netherland and I am also using the astoncrypt 1.07.
I would be verey nice to know if this cam works.

Wim
Wim

Postby marcelru » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Beste Wim, Dear Wim,

I just rebuilt the drivers from the newest source. Had to patch linux/fs.h for that, hmmm.... (Fedora 14, kernel 2.6.35.13-91.fc14.x86_64)
Anyway, still no luck. The astoncrypt does not work. As soon as I insert the module into the Qbox, transmission of FTA channels stops. I don't have a smartcard yet (will buy one when this module works). Possibly the smartcard needs to be in there for FTA transmission to work as well when the CA module is inserted into the Qbox, I don't know.

HTH,

marcelr
marcelru

Postby piotrekfronc » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:32 am

My Matrix Reborn also fails "Invalid PC card inserted :(" from dmesg (initialisation shows ok - fails when switching channel) , it sucks a bit but i'm waiting for different conax only cam module... in a mid-time i stuck on oracle emulator... of well known system (its soooo unstable and slow on windows!), I have reviewed some other cards and seems that Matrix Reborn is a naughty card (on windows after few channel changes i have to also restart app...).
piotrekfronc

Postby piotrekfronc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:43 pm

All sorted, using CI interfaces is quite stupid when using linux :)) sasc-ng rox!
piotrekfronc

Return to Linux