Moderator Control Panel ]

Problems with diseqc-switching

Problems with diseqc-switching

Postby Eson » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:17 am

I emailed the support address but thought I would post here as well in case someone else had experienced similar problems.

I cant seem to get diseqc-switching working with the 6984. Its working fine when I try with my old cards from Mystique and Technotrend. I have tried with three different switches so I don’t think its a problem with the compatibility, card vs. switch. Im just trying to use a simple two-way switch.

The card scans and finds channels as it should on the A/A port but cant seem to switch to A/B. I have tested in DVBlink, your OEM-version of DVBviewer and DVBDream and it’s the same problem in all three unfortunately. I have tried with and without the 6-pin power adapter. Do you think my card is defective or is it something with the driver?

I did manage, somehow, with Transedit to make it switch to B/A and it scans fine but now I cant switch back so its stuck on B/A

Anyone else using a 6984 with diseqc-switch?
Eson

Re: Problems with diseqc-switching

Postby steven » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi Eson
Later i will give you a new version driver of 6984.
Thanks
steven

Postby senis1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello.

I've tried several programs with this card. The ONLY program which drives diseq correctly is DVBLink. No problems with Diseq 1.0 (4 inputs) and 1.1 (16 inputs) at all! Other programs like DVBViewer, Mediaportal (1.1.3, 1.2.2), ForTheRecord don't drive diseq (it always stays on input AA).
I'd like to ask TBS to comment this, because in TBS6984 specification it is stated that it is fully compatible with Mediaportal and a lot of other similar programs.

Thank you!
senis1

Postby steven » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi senis1

For DVBViewer do you have updated the latest version,and Can you use our latest TBSViewer to have a test.
Because it is the same as DVBViewer.

and for Mediaport it have already supported but just have not released.
here is the answer from Mediaport, wishes this can help you.
In answer to your questions:

- MediaPortal never supported the DiSEqC struct for the NXP based cards. It would use the customised Conexant interface (old SDK) with Get rather than Set, so the driver would probably see the DiSEqC message length as zero.

- The new SDK is implemented in version 2 of the patch which is available from this thread: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threa ... ts.103276/

Unfortunately the patch has not been integrated into a MediaPortal main release yet. Please try the patch - it should solve the problem.

Thanks
steven

Postby senis1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi steven,

1. I don't understand what is the difference between DVBLink TVSource TV Server (which works great with diseq 1.0,1.1) and Mediaportal TV Server?

2. I tried TBS2.0 patch to MP 1.2.2, and this haven't solved diseq issue. No scan at all on AB input or Blue screen and restart.

3. I used shortly DVBViewer, but it was a bit complicated for me. First of all, I can't choose from menu what tuner to scan: A,B,C or D (inside the program and in TransEdit). It lets me to scan only A tuner. Also there are many ports and other settings what are hardly understandable for setting network client. But YES, it is able to switch diseq to AB input. Since my tuners A,B are connected to 2 x diseq 1.0, and C,D connected to 2 x diseq 1.1, and I cannot choose diseq settings for each tuner, this program is about useless for me.

4. Yes, I know Mediaportal can handle only diseq 1.0 (4 inputs), and if MP would function properly with diseq 1.0 all inputs AA,AB,BA,BB, I could choose 4 best satellites (from 10) with quad LNB, end connect them to 4 x diseq 1.0 inputs.
senis1

Postby steven » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:50 am

Hi senis1

For your question:
4.We will contact with MediaPort for you this problem.and send you a reply as soon as possible.

3.For DVBViewer and Transedit,you can set the Tuner state to Do not use or Preferred, to choose the Tuner you want to use.

Thanks
steven

Postby mm1352000 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:30 am

Hi senis1

I'm the lead developer for the MediaPortal TV Server and I created the MediaPortal TBS patches that you are trying.

In answer to your questions:
1. I don't understand what is the difference between DVBLink TVSource TV Server (which works great with diseq 1.0,1.1) and Mediaportal TV Server?

DVBLink TVSource has nothing to do with MediaPortal. It was created and is maintained by a completely different company with completely different developers.

2. I tried TBS2.0 patch to MP 1.2.2, and this haven't solved diseq issue. No scan at all on AB input or Blue screen and restart.

Please post your MediaPortal TV Server logs.
1. Open the TV Server configuration tool.
2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
3. Zip up all the files you find there and attach them to a post here, or upload to rapidshare or similar and provide a link.

3. I used shortly DVBViewer, but it was a bit complicated for me. First of all, I can't choose from menu what tuner to scan: A,B,C or D (inside the program and in TransEdit). It lets me to scan only A tuner. Also there are many ports and other settings what are hardly understandable for setting network client. But YES, it is able to switch diseq to AB input. Since my tuners A,B are connected to 2 x diseq 1.0, and C,D connected to 2 x diseq 1.1, and I cannot choose diseq settings for each tuner, this program is about useless for me.

No comment.

4. Yes, I know Mediaportal can handle only diseq 1.0 (4 inputs), and if MP would function properly with diseq 1.0 all inputs AA,AB,BA,BB, I could choose 4 best satellites (from 10) with quad LNB, end connect them to 4 x diseq 1.0 inputs.

MediaPortal only supports DiSEqC 1.0 switches (4 inputs) and tone burst (simple DiSEqC) switches (2 ports).
If your switch is a DiSEqC 1.1 switch then it almost certainly won't work with DiSEqC 1.0 commands.

Best regards,
mm
mm1352000

Return to Windows