Moderator Control Panel ]

Tuning problem

Tuning problem

Postby abaratian » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi
I am using 5922 with windows 7 ultimate 32bit and dvblink. single lnb on hotbird 13.0E (latest transponder list from kingofsat.net) and no switches or motors.
the problem is:
on driver 2.0.2.8, 80% of the time i can tune first transponders upto 11938 with strengh about 95% and quality 75%, but from 11958 and up there no signal can be received. 20% of the time the signal comes on every transponder except first 5-6. The signal lock light works fine.
anything i tried couldn't fix the problem.

last night i reverted to 2.0.1.3
the problem seems to have gone, however the signal strenght shows 99%-100% and the quality has dropped to 50-65%. (and the quality of reception is REALLY lower) the lock light also doesn't light up when signals are received, though i can watch the channels.

what do u think might be causing the problem?
if i stick with 2.0.1.3 what do I loose?
thank you very much
abaratian

Re: Tuning problem

Postby steven » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi abaratian

Would you mind giving us your LNB's setting picture with your soft.

>if i stick with 2.0.1.3 what do I loose?
no,if you can success use. : )

The difference with new driver is the Firmware and some change in driver like quality value,but if you can success use there is no problem.
We will have a check about this problem too.any progress we will contact you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby abaratian » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Dear steven,
thanks for the reply,
here is the picture. i tried the driver you made in this topic
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7605
and it is just like the 2.0.1.3 in signal quality, but the lock light works fine.
thank you again
Capture.PNG
abaratian

Postby steven » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi abaratian

From the picture you give to us ,
It is ok with this setting.

So would you mind using driver V_2.0.1.3 first ,if this driver version is no problem for you.

and we will check this problem too,any progress we will contact you as soon as possible. :)

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby imperia » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello abaratian,

I suggest that you read this thread:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7605

Their drivers aren't working except the first version that comes with driver cd (i think it was 2.0.1.6 or 2.0.1.3) and the custom 2.0.2.8_new version they made for me to test. probably they work if you have very good signal, but you can't have maximum signal when you have multifeed setup on offset dish like me. When I install any other driver version and do full scan - half of my channels are gone. I am unable to tune to them anymore. When I restore 2.0.2.8_new driver everything is fine. All other drivers have lost their sensitivity and are unable to tune half of the channels. I tried to work with support to fix the problem but now they are ignoring my posts. Don't expect they to contact you with solution.
I have the same strange signal and quality values like you but at least I can watch my TV channels. Give 2.0.2.8_new driver a try. Take a note on how to correctly uninstall old drivers first.

message to TBS support:
Who needs CrazyScan support when you are unable to see half of the channels?
Also I don't need to see correct signal and quality values if you can't fix that, just give us proper driver that is able to tune channels.
imperia

Postby abaratian » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:42 pm

imperia Wrote:Hello abaratian,
Their drivers aren't working except the first version that comes with driver cd (i think it was 2.0.1.6 or 2.0.1.3) and the custom 2.0.2.8_new version they made for me to test. probably they work if you have very good signal, but you can't have maximum signal when you have multifeed setup on offset dish like me. When I install any other driver version and do full scan - half of my channels are gone. I am unable to tune to them anymore. When I restore 2.0.2.8_new driver everything is fine. All other drivers have lost their sensitivity and are unable to tune half of the channels. I tried to work with support to fix the problem but now they are ignoring my posts. Don't expect they to contact you with solution.
I have the same strange signal and quality values like you but at least I can watch my TV channels. Give 2.0.2.8_new driver a try. Take a note on how to correctly uninstall old drivers first.

The 2.0.1.3 that was on my cd, had two problems, 1. the lock led doesn't work. 2. the signal quality is very low.

now I'm using the 2.0.28_new, and it seems to be fine but the quality is still very low. i can't get good signal on some transponders which were good with 2.0.2.8. I think 2.0.2.8_new is probably a 2.0.1.3 with some fixes.
I think 2.0.2.8 has the major flaw of not being able to switch between high/low frequencies and only low frequencies are received. (though in some casese it could lock on high ones too) but those transponders it can receive, are received much better than 2.0.2.8_new or 2.0.1.3.
abaratian

Postby imperia » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:06 am

abaratian Wrote:The 2.0.1.3 that was on my cd, had two problems, 1. the lock led doesn't work. 2. the signal quality is very low.

now I'm using the 2.0.28_new, and it seems to be fine but the quality is still very low. i can't get good signal on some transponders which were good with 2.0.2.8. I think 2.0.2.8_new is probably a 2.0.1.3 with some fixes.
I think 2.0.2.8 has the major flaw of not being able to switch between high/low frequencies and only low frequencies are received. (though in some casese it could lock on high ones too) but those transponders it can receive, are received much better than 2.0.2.8_new or 2.0.1.3.

I beleive that the values you see are incorrect(Its just the driver shows them incorrectly). Which satelite you are trying to tune? I think I can see high and low transponders.
imperia

Return to Windows