Moderator Control Panel ]

Latest driver useless in the UK

Latest driver useless in the UK

Postby schifreen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:11 am

Just bought a 6920, for use with Windows 7 in the UK (Astra 28.2E). The latest driver seems absolutely useless with Windows 7 Media Center. Loads of missing channels, including all of transponder 13. No signal for this transponder at all.

Change to the 1.0.4.2 driver included on the bundled CD, and everything works perfectly. Loads of channels, including everything from txp 13. I don't know what you've been doing to "improve" your drivers recently, but I strongly suggest that you give up.

Incidentally, DVB Dream (as bundled on the CD) works just fine with the latest driver, but Media Center doesn't. So there's definitely a problem there which you need to investigate. I note, for example, that the BBC recently changed its settings for txp 13 on Astra 28.2E to use an FEC of 2/3 rather than 5/6. Is this something that needs updating in one of your data files or is it a Microsoft problem?
schifreen

Re: Latest driver useless in the UK

Postby cody » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:22 am

please, check this out:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=115&start=10#p643

basically, it's a known problem, but we wanted more people to test the above beta version before release as an official driver update.
cody

Return to Windows