Moderator Control Panel ]

Constantly stopping/freezing video

Constantly stopping/freezing video

Postby hge » Fri May 20, 2011 7:38 am

I purchased this card a few months ago, primarily for the few HD channels available in the UK.

It's worked on and off for the most part, with it locking up occasionally and just needing to reload the application to get it working again. Recently though, this does not suffice. I boot the application (trying TBSViewer and DVB Dream) and they both have the video lock up shortly afterwards. If I use media center it may work fine, but recording HD channels is no good if I want to transfer them to play on other devices due to DRM types from BBC's HD broadcasts.

I must also comment, the other week when I tried to use the card, no programs would pick up a signal, even media center which usually works with the least amount of issues.

My question is, why is it constantly locking up (currently updated to the latest 1.0.4.9 driver as of today with same problems, previously using 1.0.4.8 since installation) for what seems like no reason? And will I encounter further issues where it seems to fail to send any signal to any DVB software?

Currently running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on
Dual Xeon E5462 quad cores at 2.8ghz
6gb of ecc fully buffered ram
ati HD 2600 XT
hge

Re: Constantly stopping/freezing video

Postby hge » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:09 pm

No answer. I guess it's either junk software or a junk card. One or both will need to be gotten rid of..
hge

Postby hge » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:19 pm

it's wonderful.... restarting the applicaiton leads to 10 seconds of video before it stops again.....

Must be a junk card, every application I'm trying is performing the same way. Time to return for something else I think.
hge

Postby hge » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:42 pm

To follow up the last rambling post. I rebooted and it's currently working, but it's not good if you're halfway through watching/recording something and it decides to stop working correctly. It's like playing the lottery, but you've got much better chances of it deciding to work incorrectly than ever winning the lottery.
hge

Postby hadi5647 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 pm

hi hge ;) ;) ;) ;)
for answering this problem ,i must ask u some qustion ?
do u have this problem on hd channels only ? if ur answer is true , u must know u are using a bad codec(use dvbdream v1.5f with microsoft codec for video(i mean h.264 field in dvbdream menu) and divx codec for aac audio
otherwise, answer the below q.
what is your mainboard(ie brand and model name)?
has its bios been updated?
is your channel signal ok?
if your answer to the above q. is true ,then u must change the slot of ur dvb
then u must do a clean installation of win 7 x64
use 1.0.4.8 driver(it's work better than new driver)
i must also comment, hd channels on dvb cards works with afew delay
i hope this notes will help u
goodluck
hadi5647

Postby hge » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:07 am

1. This problem exits on DVB-S SD and HD broadcasts
- This problem exits on DVB-S2 HD broadcasts
- As I understand it DVB Dream 1.5f is not free, I am very reluctant to part with money on an application thatmay not have any effect on the curent problems I have.

2. Mainboard: Apple Inc. Mac-F42C88C8
3. Uses EFI not BIOS, using latest EFI rom for this specific board is being used
4. Never had any problem with the channel signal (have a seperate SD box which I've tested/used prior to the card)
5. Changed slot, however it's too soon to know whether this will have made any difference (from one 4x pci-e to another, not even been running for an hour)
- Re-installation of Win 7 X64, would rather be a last resort as I do not use this installation/partition/os for all that much.
6. I had been using 1.0.4.8 driver. I've uninstalled all drivers and re-installed this now anyway
7. I wish a delay was all I experienced, just stopping/freezing the picture and sound completely is no fun. Usually if I were to reboot, it would also not cure the problem, however in my previous reply to this thread it obviously did, I had also not used the card since that day to evaluate any further.

*edit: in my haste to respond I did not thank you for responding with the suggestions, so Thank You for responding and giving me a few things to attempt/test.
hge

Postby toti9096 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:19 pm

ur vga is so weak for hd channels, i u can , use a newer vga and try to find a hacked version of dvbdream v1.5f(onley for troubleshooting :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and use the codecs that i mentioned
if the problem still exist, u will have two option upon ur way:
1.there is a conflict between ur mainboar and the card, so use another mainboard to understand it or
2. ur card is defected unfortunately, so use ur card warranty
i use this card with no problem with below config.:
asrock x58 extreme3
core i7 930@4.5ghz
6gb ram triple
700w power supply
gtx 460 @800mhz
win7 x64+dvbdream v1.5f
goodluck my friend ;) ;) ;)
toti9096

Postby hge » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:22 am

My VGA is so weak? Are you referring to the GPU? It's not like this HD is extremely high bandwith, and as the issue occurs with SD broadcasts, I don't feel that's the problem... Regardless, I've planed to update it soon anyway.
Yeah, feel free to pirate your software, it's not something I feel like doing...

In an odd twist of events, now if I try and use any other program (TBS Viewer, Windows Media Center, DVB Viewer demo) than DVB Dream, I get an error saying that the other programs cannot find a free device or they are all in use... This never occured before I switched PCI-E slots or un-installed / re-installed the drivers...
I'm not exactly keen on the timer scheduling for DVB Dream either, it's awkard setting and overall run time instead of set times from xx o'clock till xx o'clock. It also seems you cannot start an ad-hoc recording and then append an end time onto it (which you can in TBS Viewer).
hge

Postby toti9096 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:09 pm

hi :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
was ur card detected via computer manager after u had changed its slot or driver(both of that makes ur card a new card for os)
dvbdream is the best dvb player software , concentrate on it
so if u wont use 1.5 versions , use dvbdream v1.4i(this ver doesn't support EVR but it is so stable, note : copy ur dev.dll on device folder )
a clean installation of os helps u a lot
testing ur card on another system make appear very things
i have no problem in using this card , its work very well on recording and playing hd channels
if u want , i can upload for u my dvbdream with required codec
good luck ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
toti9096

Postby hge » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:38 am

1. I can't remember if it detected the change in slot or not anymore. I know I uninsntalled the drivers and re-installed it.
2. I'm not sure on that of DVBdream being the best, but that's opinion, i only want some simple record options like I detailed earlier. DVBdream seems to work on the premise that scheduled timing will always be correct, which it isn't when I want to record live events.

3. As I remembered how easy and simple Win 7 installation was, I went ahead and did re-install a fresh version of it (fully updated) yesterday.
a) It seemed that using DivX codecs (from their site) would cause random crashes whilst watching so they have been un-installed.
b) I needed some audio codecs though, I think for the aac it's using quicktime that I installed. For ac3 I ended up having to use AC3Filter 1.63b

I thought it was working fine, for the short time I was using it (via TBSview I must say) I didn't have any problems yesterday. But today when I've just turned it on, it seems to still have some of these problems with it completely freezing up. Not sure why. I'd appreciate if I could get what codecs you are using that work well.

- Currently running it in DVB Dream 1.5e at the moment without any problem for the past 15 mins or so.
hge

Next

Return to Windows