Moderator Control Panel ]

Defekt Tuner?

Defekt Tuner?

Postby Videonisse » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:59 am

Last week I got a new TBS6280 PCI-E DVB-T2/T Dual Tuner Card ordered from the BuyDVB Online Store.

I have problem with the second Tuner in this card. The Tuner B produces a huge amount of pixelization (mostly a green or black picture). DVB Dream reports that Level and Quality is 90% for Tuner A but for Tuner B it switches all the time between 0% and 90%.

Same problem with all channels with Tuner B and no problem at all if I use Tuner A. I have the same result with both DVB Dream (v1.7) and DVBLink (v3 and v4).

Is there a way to hardware reset the tuners or something else I can do to troubleshoot the problem?

The card is used in a PC with Win 7 64-bit Ultimate i7 CPU and 6 GB RAM. I have reinstalled a fresh Win 7 and has currently nothing else installed. I assume there is a hardware problem with the Tuner.
Videonisse

Re: Defekt Tuner?

Postby bob » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi,
1) Maybe the pixelization relate with the weak DVBT signal in your area.You can try to improve the signal strength and use TransEdit for
check whether there are some packets loss .Here is the link: http://hotfile.com/dl/135851314/a769c5d ... 6.rar.html
2)Other thing could relate with your issue,the power supply for TBS6280.Please try to use other PCIE slot .
3)The last one,your card could be hardware faulty.Please email to support@tbsdtv.com, we will do the RMA for you.
Thanks!
bob

Re: Defekt Tuner?

Postby Videonisse » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:42 pm

I have now done some further troubleshooting as described in 1) and 2) above and even first installed and new Antenna and new cable. Unfortunatly without any improvements in picture quality for Tuner B. No packet loss is reported in TransEdit.

I have now requested an RMA from European Support (euro_support@tbsdtv.com).

Thanks for the recommendations how to verify the problem.
Videonisse

Return to Windows