Moderator Control Panel ]

Source code for the drivers?

Source code for the drivers?

Postby timmydog » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Hello,

I'm currently looking at adding a DVB-T2 tuner to my MythTV media server, now that my region has switched off analogue and switched on the HD channels and think that the 6280 looks like the card to buy because of its Linux support.

There are other manufacturers offering solutions but either their Linux support isn't as good or the solution is USB based and I would rather an internal card.

Having relied on binary blobs in the past for an AMD 5xx series card, my card is not supported any more and I now have to rely on the slower open source driver.

I don't want to find myself unable to upgrade to the latest versions of Linux and would like to ask if there are any plans to open source your driver and (ideally) merge the code into the main kernel + linuxtv code. This would also mean that support will come "out of the box" for distributions in the near future and won't require me to download and install the driver seperately.

I appreciate that the work is still ongoing and you might not be ready for a public release of the code yet, but a commitment to do so in the future would help to swing my decision to buying a TBS card.

Thanks,

Tim
timmydog

Re: Source code for the drivers?

Postby bob » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Sorry,we don't have plan to open our driver source code yet.
bob

Return to Linux