Moderator Control Panel ]

DVB Recording Service - TBS 6928 - Unicam Deltacrypt Problem

Re: DVB Recording Service - TBS 6928 - Unicam Deltacrypt Pro

Postby herrbasan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:11 am

The current solution of the DVBViewer adressing the problem with your card, is not reliable enough, so i'll switch back to MediaPortal which does work perfectly. It sadens me, since DVBViewer is such a great product. I don't see how this can be fixed easily, without serious testing. And i don't think that i can help this process. But since there are only a few people who experience the problems, i understand that it simply has a very low priority. So i shouldnt obsess about it and just use the solution that does work.

Thank you anyways for your effords.
TBS 6928 / Unicam Deltracrypt CAM / Sky Germany V13 Card
Windows 7 x64 / MediaPortal 1.2.3
herrbasan

Postby herrbasan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:57 am

I'm currently testing 4theRecord, and i'm quite pleased with it. Like MediaPortal it works flawlessly with the TBS Card and brings some of the features i've missed since the departure from the DVBViewer. The Web-Interface is quite neat and useful, there is a nifty iOS app for it and it works with MediaPortal as client or XMBC as frontend (even on my iPad). The only feature that i still miss is to be able to access and stream channels via UPNP.
herrbasan

Postby JoeH » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:53 am

Personally still hoping for full DVBViewer support.... it's a program used by millions here in Europe. :)
JoeH

Postby atef » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:58 am

JoeH Wrote:Personally still hoping for full DVBViewer support.... it's a program used by millions here in Europe. :)

I REEEAAALLY Hope so .. i have my PC as a server and 3 clients in 3 rooms. it has been working perfectly for years . it would take a LOT of time and learning to switch to another program
atef

Postby herrbasan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:10 pm

I'd rather use the DVBViewer too, but the support is so slow (took 1 month for the first fix, that didn't really work), so i don't want to keep my and everyones hopes up to avoid frustration :)

Question: Have you both wrote in the DVBViewer forum ? If not, please do so. The people over there don't seem to feel any pressure solving this. Actually, they never really acknowledged that there is still a problem.
I'm writing in the german forum(since the developers are german), but maybe a thread in the english Recording-Service forum would be neat.
herrbasan

Postby JoeH » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:29 pm

There are two threads about it in the English forums. I started one. Here are the links if you want to add a post to them:

This one is from the English Recording Service forum, which is probably where this type of thing belongs:
http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/476 ... ntry350388

Here is another one from the Newbies forum:
http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/481 ... ntry354173
JoeH

Postby herrbasan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:59 pm

I see that there is a new version of the CI DLL out. As i heard, sater tested it with DVBViewer without change, the problems persist, but since i'm convinced that it's a DVBViewer problem, this is was to be expected.

Since the solution i'm currently using (4theRecord) works perfectly, i don't need to update, but it would be helpful to have a change log, so i can see if the new version fixes anything that could become relavant to me.

For example, if the update was intended to adress the DVBViewer problems. I'd give it a test too, to confirm saters test.
herrbasan

Postby herrbasan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:19 am

The people at DVBViewer finally confirm that there is a problem (only took 3 months :)

They claim that it has to be fixed on TBS's side, but they are willing to help. (Blaim-Game as usual) Personally i don't care anymore, but since the developer posted this in the german forum, i though i'll share the "news" here.
herrbasan

Postby JoeH » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:52 pm

What I would like to see is simply confirmation from TBS that they have gotten in touch with the DVBViewer programmer. If I remember correctly the DVBViewer programmer mentioned at a certain point that they had never contacted him.
JoeH

Postby herrbasan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Has anyone tested if there is any change with the last TBS driver + CIdll and the DVBViewer? I'm not expecting any, so i'm reluctant to screw with my current setup just to test it, but it would be interesting to know :)
herrbasan

PreviousNext

Return to Windows