Moderator Control Panel ]

diseqc relay problem

diseqc relay problem

Postby aseke » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi,

I have problem switching channels on different satellites in MediaPortal. I have a 2/1 diseqc relay switch which combines 3 dishes from the central system and a single dish that I own. When I am on a channel on one of the 3 satellites on the central system I can change to any of the channels on these 3 satellites. Similarly when I am on one of the channels on the single dish I can change to any of the channels on the single dish. When I change from a channel on the 3 satellite system to a channel on the single dish, most of the time (but not always) it switches without problem. However when I change from a channel on the single dish to a channel on the central system it always gives "no signal" error. When I keep changing to other transponders on the central system without going back to a channel on the single dish, eventually it locks up on one of the channels in the central system after a few attempts and after that I can change to any channel on the central system as long as I don't change to a channel on the single dish.

This happens on the MediaPortal. On DVB Dream there is no problem (almost never). I can change to any channel on any satellite. However once I have the problem on the MediaPortal and I go to DVB Dream after shutting down MediaPortal I still get the same problem on DVB Dream, which means it is also related to the card.

In addition after a new installation of Windows when I do a fresh scan of channels on MediaPortal the problem was much worse. I could not switch between any channel on the central system and the single dish and once this happened I could not switch between channels on two systems on DVB Dream either. I had to restart to make the other system work. Then I deleted all the fresh scanned channels and imported my old channels and now again I can switch from central system to single dish without much problem and I could switch back to central system after several attempts.

Finally I think the same problem happens with ArgusTV as well and I use the TBS CI/CAM Support DLL from the MediaPortal forums (before that I could not even scan channels on the single dish).

Thanks.
aseke

Return to Windows