Moderator Control Panel ]

BlindScan finds 22 channels but none in Windows Media Center

BlindScan finds 22 channels but none in Windows Media Center

Postby torbengb » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:54 am

Because of my lack of success in Linux, I am now trying to set up this card in WIndows (booting from a separate harddisk).

• I've installed all the drivers from the download page, and Windows reports that the card is present and working.
  • I've run the TBS-BlindScan tool and it reports to have found 22 channels (see attached screenshot). This sounds like way too few, but at least it does find something, which is a good thing I guess. (I am aiming at the satellite Astra 19.2E but I don't know how to use this scan tool?)
  • I've also set up the tuner in Windows Media Center, including media guide and such. As far as WMC is concerned, it's ready to roll.

But ... when I select a channel in WMC, it only shows a blank blue screen and, after a little while, reports that there is no signal on this channel (see attached screenshot). That's the same for all of the channels I've tried.

• As mentioned in my other thread, I'm fairly certain that the dish is correctly aligned; that the coax cable is okay all the way from LNB to computer; that the card is not physically faulty; and that the OS is also not faulty.

--> What's going on? How can I troubleshoot this?

Screenshot (link):
torbengb

Return to Windows