Moderator Control Panel ]

Smit Professional Cam Support

Smit Professional Cam Support

Postby meatpopsicle » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:03 am

Hello TBS,

First of all, I would like to thank TBS for their Linux driver work on the TBS products. Especially with regards to the CAM support. You are the 3rd tuner card that I have purchased and the only one that works for my setup.

I would however like to point out that I could only make it work with vlc and their --dvb-lnb-lof1=11300000 switch. I have a fairly unique circular LNB that requires a LOF of 11300000 (http://www.strong.com.au/L721.htm). With that setting I was able to access my TVBJ paid subscription on IntelSat8 and a Smit CAM. Both the Windows bundle software and the Linux scan/szap from the installer disc did not work, nor the scan/szap from LinuxTV. I also had to modify dvblast for it work with my LNB.

I currently have 1 decoded channel streaming into my network. My question is, do the Linux drivers support the Professional SMIT CAM and if so, up to how many channels? The SMIT professional CAM is a fairly large investment and I would like to know what has been tested and working.

Alternatively, can you suggest another method to decode all the streams? Can radegast/sasc-ng access the "raw" CAM keys?
meatpopsicle

Re: Smit Professional Cam Support

Postby steven » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 am

Hi meatpopsicle

Do you have fixed your problem now,if not ,would you mind writing this matter to our
euro_support#tbsdtv.com,you will get a answer as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Return to Linux