Moderator Control Panel ]

Trouble with my new 5925

Trouble with my new 5925

Postby wwtech » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Sorry that my first post is about a problem…

I got a new 5925 about 2 weeks ago. I hooked it up to my work Win 7 laptop and it installed and worked fine. A nice piece of equipment.

I then repeated the install on my older XP machine. It went well again. Crazyscan, EBS, TSReader all performed properly. Again, a nice piece of equipment.

It worked well until I installed the demo ProgDVB from the TBS downloads area. I started my first scan and got nowhere. In fact, it locked up the PC. I could not force quit or force a reboot. I had to power off with the power button on the tower.

When it rebooted, it came up saying it had found new USB hardware. That was the previously installed 5925. Any attempt to install the drivers again announced that the ones I had used the first time were not for this device! I tried this a few times. And now, the PC would not restart or shut down (it just hung) unless the 5925 USB cable was disconnected.

I got the Win 7 laptop, hooked up the 5925 and it too said the 5925 was a new, uninstalled USB device. And it was using the same USB port as before.

Someone posted a TBS driver on Rick's Satellite forum that he said he had gotten directly from TBS for a repair, and I tried that one. I put in the USB and pointed toward this driver. It installed, but hung at the finish. I either had to force quit or unplug the 5925 to finish. If I restarted, I had to repeat the process as the driver install did not stick.

If I unpluged the 5925 and let it finish installing the driver, I could plug it back in to the PC and the device was called a 5925.

BUT neither the TBS programs or any other previously working program could see it.

Using USBview, I could see the VID/PID were default Cypress Semiconductor IDs, not TBS's.
It now reads VID 04b4 (Cypress) and PID 8613. It should be VID 734c (TBS) and PID 5925.

Is this fixable by software from TBS, or does it need to be returned for repair or replacement?

Thanks for reading this long missive. I hope I have provided enough information. I await an answer.
wwtech

Re: Trouble with my new 5925

Postby tbsuser18 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:49 pm

even i have some problem with tbs 5925, but not like what you have , to me i am unable to do autoscan of c band frequencies properly, the tbs support staff is still not resolving this issue even thought the complaint is made about 3 months ago..

I feel TBS is not a good product because of these delays in solving the issues. No proper replies even in this forum which is from Tbs
tbsuser18

Postby steven » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:18 am

Hi tbsuser18

Really sorry for the delay process. Because latest we are so busy ,but now we have more people to handle this.
Your case is on process.
Maybe next week we will release a test driver to you.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby wwtech » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks to TBS for the repair driver. It worked after a couple of tries. My 5925 is back to normal, and ProgDVB is gone.
wwtech

Postby tbsuser18 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:00 am

steven Wrote:Hi tbsuser18

Really sorry for the delay process. Because latest we are so busy ,but now we have more people to handle this.
Your case is on process.
Maybe next week we will release a test driver to you.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven

thanks for reply steven, i am being told about this Next week since feb 27, its already passing away but still no update release of driver.
i know it is hard for you people,but please do needful soon.
tbsuser18

Return to Windows