Moderator Control Panel ]

TVHeadend EPG showing 6 hours ahead

Anything from the case design to the chip inside, from expectation to suggestion, the most important thing is, you are IN.

TVHeadend EPG showing 6 hours ahead

Postby Giblets » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:06 am

I've just upgraded to MOI Firmware 1.1 successfully but I'm now finding that TVHeadend is showing all EPG information 6 hours ahead.

Running the date command on an ssh session shows I'm running on Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) rather than the GMT I set it to in the MOI Settings (setTimeandZone). I tried to reset it again in the settings but on checking the date command it stays as MDT. I'm guessing this the issue as it's 6 hours different to GMT.

I'm very much still learning linux and haven't quite worked out how to change the timezone on the MOI version of linux. If anyone else can help with this, or with any other ideas it would be appreciated.

BTW, if it's of use to anyone, I had to use mount -o nolock to get an NFS share connected to my QNAP 419PII NAS. Just using mount was causing the process to hang.
Giblets

Re: TVHeadend EPG showing 6 hours ahead

Postby wurlitzer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:04 pm

I had similar problem. To fix it I connected via putty to the MOI and setuped the correct time zone in file /etc/TZ -> for available Timezones I found a list in http://www.vmware.com/support/developer ... ezone.html

cheers
wurlitzer

Postby Giblets » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks wurlitzer, that's worked for me.
Giblets

Postby Giblets » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 am

I might have spoken too soon. I'm now finding TVH is starting all scheduled recordings 1 hour early. The EPG, date command and tbs moi setting page all show the correct time, but if I click on a program from the epg which starts at say 09:00 in the morning, it actually starts recording at 08:00.

I'm aware I'm probably doing something stupid, problem is I can't work out what.
Giblets

Postby gfi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Giblets Wrote:I might have spoken too soon. I'm now finding TVH is starting all scheduled recordings 1 hour early. The EPG, date command and tbs moi setting page all show the correct time, but if I click on a program from the epg which starts at say 09:00 in the morning, it actually starts recording at 08:00.

I'm aware I'm probably doing something stupid, problem is I can't work out what.

How's looking Your TZ file?

Ok, step by step for All:

You need setup Timezone as first:
Line in Your TZ file need to be like:
CET-1CEST
(Central Europe, Central Europe SUMMER TIME).

Or You can define full Summer Time definitions:
Something like:
CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00
(for understanding look at: http://www.sonoracomm.com/support/20-vo ... -uclibc-tz)

Reboot
After reboot You need to correct Your time.
In console type:
date --set 2013.04.25-08:35

3. You need to put informations to bios,
Control, how is assigned your bios date, type
hwclock -r (or hwclock)

(There are options to set hwclock in UTC, or in Local Time)
Mine setup (hwclock is in UTC, so hwclock time will be Local Time - 2hrs (-1 CET, -2 CEST))
hwclock -u (You're setting hwclock to UTC)
hwclock -l (You're setting hwclock to Local Time)

Recomending keep or change hwclock to UTC.

4. Control Your EPG in TVHeadend.
If is all OK, then type in console
hwclock -w

Done.

@Giblets
Speccially for You (it seems, You're living in UK):
GMT+0BST-1,M3.5.0/01:00:00,M10.5.0/02:00:00
or simple:
GMT+0BST-1

Remember, You need set date/time after You have corrected TZ.
gfi

Postby Giblets » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:40 am

Thanks very much for the comprehensive instructions gfi. I've given it a good test, it really does seem to be working now :)
Giblets

Return to General discussion