Moderator Control Panel ]

no channels received but strong signal.

no channels received but strong signal.

Postby iancalderbank » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:04 pm

I just installed a 6981 in my mediaportal TVserver, in order to give me DVB-S2 support. I have an existing Pinnacle 7010 and blackgold 3450 in the same box doing dvb-s. The existing cards are working fine. I installed the 2.0.18 tbs drivers, running under win7 64bit, the 6981 card is seen fine, by mediaportal, and by DVBviewer. mobo is asus m2n-sli-deluxe (AMD athlon X2) if that makes any difference.

when I try to scan for channels with the 6981, I do not get any. Not a single one. I get a strong "signal", i.e. the signal bar at the bottom of the dvbviewer scan window shows a high value, but I get 0 channels/ programs found. similar behaviour in mediaportal.

in case it was a power issue I have connected the 6 pin power on the 6981 to a spare output on my PSU, that made no difference.
I've tried backtracking the 6981 drivers to a previous, no change to what I see.

I have no DISEQ or anything like that (dvbviewer channel scan seems to always ask for that, so I am selecting none?). My dish is at astra28.2D (usual for UK), I have a quattro LNB and a 16-way multiswitch between the LNB and the receivers.This is all working fine with all other sat receivers that I have on the end of the same cables, with absolutely no configuration fiddling needed other than telling it to scan astra 28.2d. the cables to the tbs6981 are cables that were previously into the BG3450 and were working absolutely fine when in there....

there must be some basic thing more that I need to do with this card, but I can't think what it must be.

cheers
Ian
iancalderbank

Re: no channels received but strong signal.

Postby iancalderbank » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 pm

anyone? I am really disappointed by this card, I thought from what I had read that it worked well and had good support from the vendor. no response on here, no response to the support email. sending it back in a couple of days...
iancalderbank

Postby steven » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

iancalderbank Wrote:anyone? I am really disappointed by this card, I thought from what I had read that it worked well and had good support from the vendor. no response on here, no response to the support email. sending it back in a couple of days...

Hi sorry for let you wait so long time,sometimes we don't have so much time for replying the questions in the forum.do you write to support@tbsdtv.com ?
And do you have try the other player like dvbdream,would mind send us your LNB setting's picture.
Thanks
steven

Postby iancalderbank » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:15 pm

I tried your DVBViewer application, ran the scan from that. Got exactly the same behaviour. Its gives good signal strength, but zero channels. not sure what you mean by LNB settings picture? I just select astra 28.2 / eurobird (i.e. the same as what 99% of people in the UK do) and expect the app to scan against that satellites settings.

I tried euro-support@, as I am in europe, but they didn't reply at all in two days. I just tried support@, they have suggested to RMA the card. I'd prefer to try some technical different options before replacing the equipment?

Ian
iancalderbank

Postby kevin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:09 am

I have a very similar problem

From boot the card will scan properly using TBSViewer but part way through the scan it stops working. It wont find any new channels despite having good signal - it just locks up when using TBSviewer. Using mediaportal it goes up through the frequencies very slowly as if the card had locked up and s/w times out - and it then steps to the next frequency. To date it has never got to the end of ascan without this happening.
If I reboot there are (usually) TV channels i.e. the card is working. If I leave the channel as selected then it works for a short period (10 minutes or so) then locks up. Selecting other channels sometimes works - not all scanned channels appear to be selectable. Again after a short period it stops again.
After locking up nothing can resolve the issue but a reboot - and usually it works again for 10 mins or so.

The 6891 replaces a Compro S350 which behaves perfectly and never had a problem - its still perfect if I swap the feed[ but no DVB-S2]

[I am running VISTA/SP2, with driver 2.0.19 - updated to get the BBC HD channels]
kevin

Postby steven » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:17 am

iancalderbank Wrote:I tried your DVBViewer application, ran the scan from that. Got exactly the same behaviour. Its gives good signal strength, but zero channels. not sure what you mean by LNB settings picture? I just select astra 28.2 / eurobird (i.e. the same as what 99% of people in the UK do) and expect the app to scan against that satellites settings.

I tried euro-support@, as I am in europe, but they didn't reply at all in two days. I just tried support@, they have suggested to RMA the card. I'd prefer to try some technical different options before replacing the equipment?

Ian

Hi
our support will help you about this problem.
Thanks
steven

Return to Windows